Free England from the tyranny of King John! You head the revolt and launch your troops against the castles. The famed knight Ivanhoë will join your forces to liberate the land from tyranny. In this family game, each player aims to conquer the largest number of castles, installing his arms in each. But watch out for the other players --they could make your blazon end up in the oubliettes!
There are three levels of rules: children, family, adults.
From the game box: "While King Richard the Lionhearted is away leading the Third Crusade greedy nobles are trying to usurp his throne back in England. His authority diminishes as one castle after another falls. But you, hero, are faithful to King Richard. As a noble knight you retake these castles in order to preserve his legacy. Of course, you are not alone in this quest. Other Chevaliers vie for these same honors. To whom will Richard owe the greatest debt when he returns?"
Game consists of:
- 66 "soldier" cards (16 knights, 16 foot soldiers, 16 crossbowmen, 16 archers, Ivanhoe and Locksley)
- 5 castle boards and one Dungeon board
- 6 chips with the names of the castles
- 6 Lord boards
- 30 banners bearing the coats of arms of all the Lords (6 sets of 5 banners)
- 6 "crown" chips (5 Dukes and 1 King)