From publisher blurb:
Lots of times, we want to play a roleplaying game but just don't have the time for all the prep work involved. We wanted to try creating a simple fantasy roleplaying game that gives a group of players all the tools they need to play an exciting fantasy adventure in a single evening, no homework, no fuss.
Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures gives you a kit to make a gang of childhood friends and send them off on their first big adventure, just like in the novels we loved growing up.
We're trying to seed your imagination without cramping your style, so we've built a familiar-feeling OSR game that many players will remember without having to read the rules.
Anyone with a background in OSR games will already be comfortable with the core rules of Beyond the Wall.
- Inspired by the works of Ursula K. LeGuin and Lloyd Alexander.
- Character Playbooks and Scenario Packs for play in a single evening with no prep.
- Guidelines for making your own custom classes, as well as demons, dragons, and goblins.
- Full magic system with cantrips, spells, and rituals.
- Player driven village design for fleshing out the characters' home.
- This set contains four rules documents, six Character Playbooks, and the Hidden Cult Scenario Pack.