From publisher blurb:
A Solo Trading Game for Traveller
The aim of Star Trader is to travel from world to world buying cargoes as cheaply as possible then selling them elsewhere for as high a price as possible. But this is Traveller, not 'fantasy stocks and shares' and the great appeal of solo gaming is the interaction with Traveller's high technology, its starships, exotic planets and interesting NPCs.
The Star Trader game fills the player's journey through the cosmos with these events and encounters, putting him into predicaments that his character will have to resolve before the game can continue. To some extent the encounters are sets and backdrops to the trading game, but frequent events force the character to respond and the player will need to refer to the task and combat rules in order to tackle these situations. Of course, it's this interaction with the Traveller setting that gets our juices flowing.
Star Trader includes:
- A flowchart of activities
- Options to decrease the accounting & book-keeping
- Planetary Event Tables
- Jumpspace Event Tables
- Detailed Ship Encounter Tables
- Fast-play Space Combat Rules (NEW!)
- Rules for trading without a starship
- Advice for creating dynamic & interesting ship crews
- Fast-play Mission Resolution Rules
- Lots of excuses for adventure!
Never be bored again...