From publisher blurb:
The Old World is gone, lost after an age of raging Chaos that laid the ancient civilizations low and changed the very surface of the planet. Now, a new world exists among the ruins of the old, a perilous world of monsters, mutants and magic, where the remnants of humanity and their allies fight for a new world in the midst of a savage land.
Welcome to Perilous!
Perilous is a game of fantastic adventure in a post-apocalyptic world of monsters, mutants and magic. In Perilous, you can take on the role of a character, an inhabitant of the Perilous Realms. As a player, you’ll create your character by selecting the character’s race and traits, determine their training and previous experience by choosing from dozens of skills and multiple realms of magic and get equipped from lists of arms, armor and general gear. Then step into a world of adventure!
Explore monster-haunted ruins and subterranean realms, search for lost wealth, magic and ancient technological artifacts, discover great wonders, encounter unimaginable horrors, fight for survival and battle for the future! All this and more await you within the Perilous Realms!
Or become the Hazard Master and control the monsters and dangers the characters will face. You’ll choose the adventure, determine the hazards, and select the actions that every monster takes.
- Create the character you want to play. No rolling and re-rolling. No clunky point systems. No spending hours creating a single character. Create a complete character in fifteen minutes or less.
- Choose from nine traits, dozens of skills and multiple realms of magic.
- Equipment with mechanics. You’ll do more than just clutter your character sheet with all the stuff your character totes about. Whenever you use your gear, you’ll have the mechanics to make a real difference in the game.
- Weapons with stats. More than just a damage die. Every weapons has its own set of stats that’ll give it its own role in combat.
- A few have the ability to work magic, most do not. You’ll decide if your character has the power.
- No memorization. No magic points. Magic is powerful, but has a price.
- Choose how much effort the character makes and take exactly the actions you want to take.
- One rule to roll them all. Effort, action, reaction and saves, all come together in a simple, four-step, action resolution system that is used for all actions. If you can resolve one action, you can resolve them all.
- Fast setup and easy to play. No pages of lengthy background and descriptions. One glance at the map will tell you everything you need to know.
- Highly reusable. Every adventure includes material you can reuse in future adventures and use to create adventures of your own.
- Characters learn from their deeds. With every success comes experience.
- Unlimited character development. Continue to create the character you want to play by developing the character how you choose.
Experience a game like no other. Enter the world of Perilous and enter new realms of adventure.
The Perilous rule book is fully bookmarked and packed with information on:
- Action and
Also included is a complete adventure, The Tunnels of Terror, a character sheet, two sheets of full-color counters representing doors and other features, and three full-color mapboards. Everything you need to enter a Perilous Realm of Fantastic Adventure!