Corporia is a tabletop role-playing game of genre-bending fiction and futuristic urban fantasy written by Origins and ENnie award-winning author Mark Plemmons. In Corporia, you take on the roles of reborn Knights of the Round Table or their supernaturally-powered allies, fighting an invisible war for justice in the struggle between otherworldly Chaos magics and the oppressive Order of the ruling mega-corporations!
Corporia is 'knights in shining Armani.' It's what happens when you mix Camelot with a spoonful of Torchwood, add a pinch of cyberpunk, a dash of Joss Whedon's Angel, and a sprinkling of Shadowrun. If you enjoy these, you're going to love Corporia.
From the back of the book:
Corporia is a tabletop role-playing game of genre-bending fiction and futuristic urban fantasy. Play as one of the reborn Knights of the Round Table or one of their supernaturally powered allies, fighting an invisible war against the rise of monsters, magicks, and the powerful mega-corporations that want to control it all.
In the near future…
Corporations control the world, and Order is the rule of the day. New technologies clean the evironment and raise glittering skyscrapers in outwardly utopian cities, but at the cost of personal freedoms and liberties. It is surely the time foretold in legend, when the Knights of the Round Table would return in the hour of mankind’s greatest need.
Yet the Knights are scattered, their memories fragmented, and King Arthur nowhere to be found. Worse, their return breached the barriers of reality, opening portals to the dimensions of Chaos. Now every day brings new horrors as magical anomalies bestow either superhuman abilities or horrible mutations on the populace, monsters spawn in the dark places, spirits return as electronic geists, and software becomes self-aware. The corporations outwardly dismiss these outbreaks as effects of cosmic radiation (aka ‚the Flux‘) even while waging hidden wars to master this new energy source. Only you and your allies stand for justice in the battle between corporate Order and magical Chaos.
Fortunately, you have powerful benefactors - Sir Lancelot (awakened as a megacorp CEO) and his allies: Sir Percival, the sorceress Nimue, and the artificial intelligence known as M.E.R.L.I.N. As a member of the Knightwatch, Lancelot’s secret special operations team, you battle magical monstrosities and augmented humans, dive into living computer networks, infiltrate rival mega-corporations, and more. The only limit is your imagination!
Corporia is designed to make gaming easy, with an intuitive system (2d6 + core value + skill vs. Target Number) that allows for on-the-fly combinations of skills and abilities.
- Get ready to play with 13 mix-and-match character options and archetypes for the: Knight-Errant, Badge, Hacker, Headhunter, Journo, Lister, Radical, Runner, Sorcerer, Suit, Thinker, Witcher, and Zero.
- A dynamic spellcasting system of sorcery (holography, kinesis, metamorph, and technomancy) and witchcraft (charm, elemental, perception, and spiritism), with wands as spell-enhancers and magical firearms.
- Group-friendly hacking rules not only let hackers turn technology against itself, but also bring their allies along to battle living computer programs in an infinite variety of digital multi-user dungeons.
- Use 1 private and 3 public traits to gain reality-manipulating ‚Flux Points‘ and create greater character depth.
- Find adventure anywhere in ‚The City‘ with a visitor’s guide to 19 districts and 18 mega-corporations.
- Get ready to run with a detailed chapter on game mastery: 6 mini-adventures, 16 cryptids, 25 customizable monstrous assets, 15 relics, city design charts, quick NPC and cryptid generation guides, and information and advice on adventure structure, game balance, corporate secrets, and more!