From publisher blurb:
Tarina, the Black Pearl of Tar Sequinus, home to pirates, corrupt senators, smugglers, the Five Families and a teaming jungle of intrigue and violence. Founded atop the ruins of an ancient elven settlement thousands of years ago, conquered by the Tar Sequin Empire a scant few generations ago, Tarina is the bustling home of some 140,000 denizens of every race, class, background and variety. It is also home to some of the most powerful and infamous crime families of the Empire and all who would profit from their dealings. What ancient hidden wonders will this city offer up? What dark alley and back room deals will be made in the shadow of marbled temples? What adventures await amid the jungle ruins at the borders of the elven homelands? Will heroes become conquerors or slaves?
Tarina, Spiral of Sin provides the first detailed guide to one of the seedier cities of the Shadowlands campaign setting, the perfect setting between jungle adventures or setting of an entire urban campaign. Inside you’ll find:
- Exceptionally rendered aerial “satellite” maps of the city, the regions controlled by the crime families, and detailed descriptions of major monuments, palaces, fortresses, and places of interest.
- Descriptions of Tarina’s most powerful influencers, from senators, information brokers, noble knights and heads of criminal cartels, a rich tapestry of plots, intrigue, and ideas to feed an entire campaign and more.
- A dozen new regional traits, detailed notes on the races and classes in and around Tarina, new racial powers.
- A new prestige class, the Knight of Kashouli, complete with all the background for running these noble knights in the black heart of the jungle.
- Complete listing of local regional gods, their domains and influences, so you can play a native divinely graced caster.
- New fiction by Shadowlands writer Ben Cacchione and a new installment in the adventures of the shadowy Lucius.