From publisher blurb:
They lied to us.
They said it would all be over in a few weeks: the blockade, the food shortages, the power cuts.
It’s been over six months.
They said everything would be all right, but I can only see things getting worse, and there is something out there in the darkness. It’s getting harder to deny, and even harder to ignore.
I don’t know what to do. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The shadows are hungry and I can see them everywhere. They whisper that I am a Potential, that I have the power to make things right. But all I know is that when I stare into the darkness, something deep within is staring back.
Makkura: Absolute Darkness.
Makkura is a campaign of six full adventures for Kuro, the roleplaying game of near-future Japanese horror. Each adventure is linked together with several additional scenarios, taking you to the next level of the Kuro saga. Secrets will be revealed, spirits awoken and terrible enemies will prowl the streets of Shin-Edo.
The Kuro incident was just the beginning.
- Fugu: Several people have been murdered on the Kaijin platform out at sea. The police are having difficultly finding a link between the victims, even though it seems the work of a serial killer. Can the heroes find the serial killer, or will the killer find them first?
- Mizuiro: A group of students have disappeared, and one has committed suicide. The disappearances have something to do with a popular ritual where the participants tell ghost stories to each other. Have the students woken something, and if so why does it seem to be targeting the heroes too?
- Kujira: The skeleton of a whale washes up on Shin-Edo beach, its skull engraved with strange characters. These symbols are a map and instructions for opening the prison of Yomi. As the heroes try to unearth the mystery, a dark creature hunts them from the shadows. The only way to face it is to claim old forgotten weapons, and unlock their power as Potentials.
- Yukidomari: Drawn to the remote village of Yukidomari, the heroes find a place plagued by hauntings and spirits of the dark. As bad weather traps them here, the strange atmosphere of the village begins to take its toll and people begin to disappear at an alarming rate. Here they may learn the truth behind the Kuro incident, but that will be no use if they cannot escape the village alive.
- Tsukurigoto: Seven agents of the dark appear to hunt down the Shi-Tenno and take the keys they guard. The heroes have helped them escape into hiding, but this means the agents are coming for them! As a blackout plunges Shin-Edo into chaos, the player characters race to protect the secrets of the Shi-Tenno. But the dark Kami can be deceptive, as well as dangerous.
- Kami: The thunder spirits must be stopped before they can open the gates to Yomi and time is not on the heroes’ side. Fighting through a city in chaos, they must hunt down the tools they need to fight these powerful and near immortal spirits. But destiny has a plan and the Red Storm is coming. It will offer them only one choice: to live or to die.
Makkura is a complete campaign for Kuro, continuing on from the adventure in the Kuro Core Rulebook.