From publisher blurb:
Overview: It is Stoneworker Cartography's 1 year anniversary! As a gift to customers of RPGNow and DriveThruRPG, we present this free battle map and associated VTT maps! Thanks to everyone for giving us such an enthusiastic and warm welcome during our first year.
This map is inspired by scenario from a campaign I once ran. It is a homestead, where the residents were charged with protecting a pair of bridges in case the nation's walls were ever breached and an enemy was marching on the capital. Should an enemy breach the nation's walls, it was the job of these homesteaders to bring what were the only two bridges within a hundred leagues down, thereby delaying the enemy from advancing any further, and giving the defenders time to rally and hopefully push the invaders back.
There are two trebuchet's placed on either side of the bridge. There is also a pair of towers and a gate that has been neglected throughout the years. It has a portcullis, but the portcullis is rusted shut.
In my game, the players were faced with an epic end of chapter battle where they were charged with destroying at least one bridge before the bulk of an invading army arrived. At the same time, enemies that were hiding in the brush around the homestead attacked. So not only did my players have to fire the trebuchets and attempt to bring the bridges down, but their guards had to protect the trebuchets and their operators from being destroyed at the same time.
And with every passing turn that those bridges didn't fall, the army advanced, until it reached a point where soldiers began to cross. In the end, the bridges fell, but not before enemy soldiers began to cross and had to be dealt with to bring an end to a tense fight.
- 120" x 120" in size. 10' x 10' if you printed out the entire map!
- HEX and SQUARE grids for each type of map listed below, as well as a NO GRID version for people that prefer to set their own scale. Grid sizes are 1" = 5' of gaming space.
- Full Color Version – This is a printer intensive, full color version of this map.
- Black and White version – A black and white version, meant to be the least printer intensive.
- Daytime lighting complete with shadows to give the map depth.
- SEASONS! - This map comes in two different seasons to fit whatever time of year your game is set in. The grassy map is set in summer, while the snowy map is set in the deepest part of winter.
- VTT Maps - 2 different VTT maps representing the different seasons, sized for use with any virtual table top software.
- PRINT KEY - Lets face it, 10' x 10' is to big for any gaming table. The beauty of Stoneworker Cartography maps are that you can print out smaller sections of the larger map and use just the area that the battle is taking place in. Use this key to help you figure out exactly which pages to print and tape together!