The Acrohelion Campaign Setting is an exciting new game world for the popular D20 system. A dynamic blend of storytelling and action, rich backgrounds and high-quality game rules, this campaign setting provides a vast world for heroes to explore, shape, and conquer.
Highlights of this fully-illustrated, 284-page book include:
- Six new player character races with full statistical information, detailed cultural and role-playing notes, and innovative concepts. Not just 'humans in strange costumes' -- unique creatures to stimulate your imagination!
- Detailed, unique world background, with dozens of fascinating nations and cultures, both human and inhuman -- from the paladin-realm of Aesios to the nightmare despotism of the Black Summoners, from the mysterious and perilous realms of the elves to the harsh honor-bound society of the insectoid Quaishi, and many more.
- A rich, distinctive mood and flavor to enhance your role-playing experience. Medieval fantasy at its best!
- Inspiration for thousands of unique adventures in a dynamic, evolving world -- complete with its own approach to magic, its own ancient secrets and new conflicts. Provides flexibility and inspiration to both gamemasters and players. Filled to bursting with ideas that can be used in many different ways to make memorable quests!
- Supports many different styles of play -- heroic, gritty, horror, action-oriented, puzzle-solving, etc. Designed to provide a mix of realism and heroism, action and deep role-playing.
- Truly strange and deadly villains provide ample challenges for heroes to overcome.
- Dozens of new spells and feats, many of them OGL.
- 14 perilous new monsters to challenge your heroes -- with full statistics expertly crafted to the highest standards, detailed ecological notes to inspire mini-adventure possibilities focusing on these creatures, and illustrations of most new monsters. From the tiny but deadly Brem, which is used as a living weapon by the nobles of Vervenao, to the ponderous constructs known as battle-spores, to the alien Aesilians who use their own bodies to create a living fortress, many new and unusual beasts await.
- Two new 20-level character classes -- the Black Summoner of Insarc and the Solar Peer of Aesios -- and four 10-level prestige classes -- Knight of Boreas, Blood Guard, Mercenary of the Checkered Host, and Knight of the Alabaster Eagle. These classes are imaginative, well-balanced, and enhance the game experience by meshing with the cultures and nations of the game world (although they are easily adapted to any campaign).
- High quality -- the book has been professionally proofread and is free of the errors and omissions which plague many D20 products. Well-written prose with accurate game statistics provides a fine quality product for the modern gamer.