From the publisher's blurb:
The Ptolus Sketchbook line is a great resource for players and DMs to "see" more of the City by the Spire. Created by the artists who set the architectural tone for the Ptolus book, every sketchbook focuses on a different district. Together they expand Ptolus with illustrations of buildings not pictured in the core book.
What’s in a Ptolus Sketchbook?
- Building illustrations inspired by Monte’s descriptions.
- Illustrations of details which could be found in the featured buildings (signs, furniture, typical items).
- Blank handouts of letters, advertisements, etc. which can be easily customized to your needs.
Every Ptolus Sketchbook from The Forge Studios consists of two parts. The first one is stylized and consists of illustrations made on a parchment background.
The second part is a set of black and white illustrations which can be easily printed or presented to players during a session, in order to enrich the locale’s description and create a more precise presentation.
Ptolus Sketchbook vol. 1:Midtown is the first part of a series illustrating Monte Cook’s City by the Spire. The supplement focuses on the district with which adventurers are most familiar.
Ptolus Sketchbook vol. 1:Midtown consists of:
- 6 neighborhood overviews including:
- 13 building visualizations including:
The Cloud Theatre
Ladris' Fine Foods
North Point Restaurant
Terrek Nal's House
- 33 detail illustrations
- and 7 handouts including :
Three sample buildings’ signs
A street name sign
Two sample advertisements