From publisher blurb:
The simultaneous tachyon flux of 1876 and 2076 forever changed the world, introducing a myriad of new races to Earth from other dimensions before the strange portals closed with the coming of the 20th century. The 200 years since have been filled with the miraculous rise of alter sapiens, the demigrant struggle for equal rights, and the ascent of the planet’s true masters: hypercorporations. Earth is firmly in the grip of these monolithic institutions, gradually being stripped away as more and more aspects of life are codified and monetized. For most this is a bleak and repetitious existence but for some it can be much more—for operators it offers an avenue to vast power, prestige, and wealth.
Hypercorps 2099 is a campaign setting and rule system for use with the 5th Edition of the world's most famous roleplaying game, taking adventurers into a cyberpunk future and granting them superheroic abilities that raise the drama of their tabletop game to unprecedented levels using the Hyper Score system. As operators the party will work for and against hypercorporations to frame executives, pull heists, sabotage laboratories or shipments, and whatever else their plutocratic overlords pay them to.
In the 204 page Hypercorps 2099 rulebook you’ll find:
- A vibrant timeline explaining how the world of Hypercorps 2099 differs from the Earth of today
- Over four dozen characters and 10 incredible full page illustrations by artist Nathanael Batchelor!
- 56 pages detailing six areas of the planet: apocalyptic Cleveland 2099, the digital dimension of the Hypernet, the mystical city of Kathmandu, the tumultuous landscape of Latin America, the hypercorporate mega-utopia of Lucrum, the megametropolis of Neo York, and the dark, vampire ruled lands of Wallachia
- 10 pages with 19 organizations and 46 hypercorporations in the world of Hypercorps 2099
- An operating cast of fifty original NPCs including super teams, gang leaders, heroes, psychos, villains, and much more, giving GMs a plethora of allies and enemies to interact with operators
- A hyper bestiary with 8 new templates and 18 new minions, drones, and monsters for GMs to use in any Fifth Edition game
- A Gamemastering chapter with new skills, new tool kits, new security system traps, and essential tips for GMs running a game in the future (along with guidelines for games set in the late 1800s, during World War II, and in a modern setting)
- Six new class archetypes (the ballistics brawler monastic tradition, cyber ninja rogue archetype, cyber samurai martial archetype, mechwarrior sorcerous origin, netjacker rogue archetype, and veloces monk tradition) as well as new character backgrounds for PCs in the future
- A Hyper Equipment chapter with rules on advanced craftsmanship, advanced armor, the new arcanosteel material, cybernetics, gear, melee weapons, vehicles, and a host of futuristic firearms.
- The Hyper Score system, a rules template in the spirit of Mythic Adventures that makes 5E a far deadlier experience by granting players lethal abilities (if they can survive long enough to use them!)
- Two new attributes, Luck and Reputation, and the Wealth shared party attribute for funding missions without imbalancing the player wealth economy in 5E
Dive into the future with all the grit, fervor, and intensity you can offer for the operations ahead—there are bytecoins to be made, prestige to acquire, and power to be won!