From publisher blurb:
The “Big Book of Kaiju” is many things. It’s a collection of giant monsters culled from the annuls of movie history. Any fan of the genre will be able to recognize a favorite monster here. It is also a game master aid for the “Mecha vs. Kaiju” game, powered by Fate Core, offering statblocks for adversaries to throw against players. And finally it is an aid to players of “Mecha vs. Kaiju,” giving them an insiders look at how citizens of Japan and the world view the creatures that daily menace their lives.
If you play other Fate games it is unnecessary to have the Mecha vs Kaiju Core Book to use this supplement. Each kaiju is fully stated out with unique stunts and is usable in any Fate game. However, if you want your players to have a chance of beating any but the weakest version of these monsters, it's best to have a mecha at your side!
The ground shakes under their clawed feet. They are the Tochi no Kaiju, the Kaiju of the Land. Whether on the surface or underground these creatures are unmatched in power and savagery. But even among these titans there is one who stands above – Kaibutsu, the King of the Monsters. This sourcebook details the history and abilities of these legendary monsters, and provides detailed statblocks at multiple power levels, each one ready to run right off the page.
This supplement contains:
- 4 new land-based kaiju. Each kaiju is described as if written in the “real” Big Book of Kaiju, with commentary by contributors about their behavior, tactics, and biology. Each entry features detailed stat blocks, complete with rules for all stunts and mutations, at three power levels:
- A level for starting Mecha vs Kaiju characters, or those who run MvK without Construction points. This power level is also appropriate for ANY Fate Core game.
- A level for Experienced groups who have achieved Major Milestones.
- An Endgame kaiju, in its final form, suitable campaign finales or gamemaster tantrums.
- New statblocks for Kaibutsu, the King of Monsters, at his Birth, Showa-era, Heisei-era, and Millennium-era strength.
- New kaiju Mutations, such as “Assassin’s Wind” and “Death from Below”.