From the introduction:
Impact Winter allows for touch as a gameplay mechanic. Before play begins, every player should discuss their comfort with physical touch.
Impact Winter will utilize a form of sensory deprivation known as the Ganzfeld Effect. This effect requires a light source (a regular ceiling lamp should be adequate). A paper mask worn over the eyes will diffuse the light to create a uniform visual field and headphones playing white noise will create uniform audio input.
The game is distributed as a ZIP archive that creates a directory structure when expanded. The included files are:
- Rulebook (18-page PDF)
- Event Cards (1-page PDF; print-and-play component)
- Ganzfeld Mask Letter (1-page PDF; print-and-play component)
- Ganzfeld Mask A4 (1-page PDF; print-and-play component)
- Logbook (17-page PDF; print-and-play component)
- Audio File Transcript (6-page PDF)
- Seven audio files
- Writer's Comments (1-page PDF)