From publisher blurb:
Ultramodern5 is the follow-up of the popular Ultramodern4
The mission of U5 is to present 5th EDITION rules for use in non-fantasy settings. These include pre-modern settings, contemporary settings, and those that are far flung fantastic and futuristic. U5 presents modern and science fiction rules in a game usually reserved for fantasy. There is no established setting in U5.
It presents classes, gear, and scenarios that can be inserted into any campaign, including the following:
- Modern Warfare
- Space Opera
- Techno Fantasy
- Urban Fantasy
- Wild West (with or without aliens)
You may explore the rules in whatever context you wish. Rules are generalized, encouraging homebrew settings and the rebranding of elements.
Create a pure science fiction setting, or insert these rules into your own fantasy world to offer a unique spin.
THIS SOURCEBOOK INCLUDES:
- A revised “ladder” system, offering more adjustability with character creation. Modify your class with one of seven ladders.
- Revamped rules around being human.
- A new lifepath system incorporating backgrounds (with eleven new ones) into an adjustable life history where characters can select every aspect of their character’s history, from family and friends to past love affairs.
- Ten new classes including the infiltrator, medic, sniper, and techie.
- Twenty-four archetypes
- All new weapons including traditional firearms, rocket launchers, and laser rifles
- New armor including powered combat suits.
- Purchase and modify vehicles
- Over forty new monsters including giant robots.
- Two included adventures — a zombie apocalypse and an alien invasion.