Welcome to the world of Alpha Omega.
The world has been remade, cast from the fires of war, plague, and the vengeance of a long-abused planet. It is a dangerous world, reclaimed by the primal forces from which it sprang and no longer subject to the will of humanity. It is a world stalked by monsters, marked by the gleaming towers of humanity's ingenuity, and home, once again, to the angels and demons of the ancient world-long-forgotten, un-Earthly creatures of incredible power. Earth is a world shaped by incredible shifts in science, culture, and the environment.
The 21st century nation states are no more, and the human population on Earth has declined dramatically. Most of the planet's surface is wilderness, inhabited only by those brave, foolish, or desperate enough to risk the terrors of the New World's nature. Known as Freezones, these incredible expanses of wilderness are pockmarked with the remnants and ruins of the Old World, evidence that humanity's reign over the natural world has ended.
Most Humans, and the other intelligent species with which they now share the Earth, have retreated into the Arcologies, massive city complexes scraping the very edge of space. The civilized world is controlled by powerful organizations spawned from the corporations, religions, criminal syndicates, and secret societies of the 21st century.
Game Mechanics - The 6-6 System
Alpha Omega uses the 6-6 System as the foundation of its game mechanics. It is a system created by Mind Storm Labs to govern game play in a world where characters and creatures are capable of unbelievable and extremely powerful actions.
The 6-6 System is a progressive dice pool system where players always have 6 dice to use during a game round. Additionally, as character strength advances so too does the strength of their dice pool. Most characters begin the game using 4 and 6-sided dice, however in time they gain access to larger die types, all the way up to 20-sided dice.
- The 6-6 System allows players to choose how their dice will be used, giving them a high degree of control during game play. They may roll more dice to increase the probability of success during their character’s actions, or save dice for use during defensive Counter Rolls.
- Rich, detailed game world
- Layered game mechanics that can add or remove layers of complexity as desired
- Point-based Character Creation and Character Development
- Unique system of magic that offers limitless powerful effects
- Community contribution that will help shape the game world