From the back of the book
The Last War
2085. Humanity faces extinction. Alien insects from the edge of our solar system, long hidden behinds the facade of reality, descend to enslave us. Hordes of unspeakable horrors roll out from Central Asia, laying waste to anything in their path. The church of the fish-god scours the world for lost occult secrets to unleash terrible forces. Dead gods awaken and turn their dreadful eyes towards Earth. And within hides a cancer, eating away at the very heart of the New Earth Government.
This is the Aeon War. This is the time of Cthulhutech.
Climb inside a thirty-foot tall war machine and rain down hell on the unwavering Migou. Fight tooth and nail on the front lines against horrific beast of the Rapine Storm. Seek out the disgusting corruption of the insidious Esoteric Order of Dagon. Explore the dark world of the malignant Chrysalis Corporation and their unseen monstrous agents. Sift through the secrets long thought lost and bend the power of the cosmos to your will. Join in symbiosis with something beyond time and space and become a shape-shifting bringer of wrath.
Nowhere else will you find a setting like this.
Inside this book you will find:
- A complete history and detailed exploration of the world of the Aeon War, so that you can start a game right away.
- Nine pieces of provocative short fiction to help portray the feel of the setting.
- The innovative Framewerk system. Not only cinematic, Framewerk puts control back where it belongs - in your hands.
- The option to play a hardy and resourceful 21st century Human or join the fight as a night-skinned genetically-engineered Nazzadi.
- The option to play as one of seven professions, including Arcanotechnicians, who meld technology and magic into a unique discipline, Engel Pilots, who join in communion with gigantic arcane cyborgs, Occult Scholars, who delve into the mysteries of the universe and harness its power for themselves, or the mysterious alien shapeshifting Tagers.
- A unique ritual-based magic system, simulating dark and painstaking universe channeling power, including two dozen mind-wrenching spells.
- More than 30 unique machines of death, including the bug-like Migou mecha, the rough and tumble mecha of the New Earth Government, and the monstrous bio-organic Engels.
- More than 20 unspeakable horrors, including the terrible hordes of the Rapine Storm and the monstrous servants of the Chrysalis Corporation.
- A secret history of the world for Storyguides, including an exploration of dead gods, lost races, and forgotten places.
- Story starters and hooks, to get you into a game now.
CthulhuTech is a complete, self-contained storytelling game. All you need besides this book are five to ten 10-sided dice.
For Mature Audiences Only
This book is intended for mature readers. It contains dark and disturbing content and images. Reader discretion is advised.