Since before mortals drew breath, the cunning baatezu and the fiery tanar'ri have struggled furiously to batter each other out of existence. The prize in their devastating war of annihilation: the Lower Planes. 'Course, when two unstoppable armies of evil collide, the tremors might leave the entire multiverse a smoking ruin. And woe be to any berk who stands against them - or simply gets in their way.
Created for both players and Dungeon Masters, Hellbound: The Blood War is a comprehensive resource on the infernal clash that has torn the planes apart for millennia. Though the war has spilled into many other PLANESCAPE products, the full story of the roaring conflict has never been detailed - until now. Hellbound features:
• The Dark of the War, an 80-page guide for the Dungeon Master that reveals the secrets of the struggle - its history, strategies, magic, and battlefields.
• The Chant of the War, a 32-page book for DMs and players, detailing the facts that player characters would know about the conflict.
• War Games, a 96-page book of three complete Blood War adventures, including an epic scenario in which the PCs can weaken the fiends permanently and forever change the course of the war - not to mention create a brand-new monster in the process.
• Visions of War, a 24-page, full-color booklet of illustrations and maps (scenes and sites in the adventures) to bring the war's horrors alive for players.
• The Bargain, a 16-page, full-color comic book of wartime love and betrayal, painted by DiTerlizzi and Robh Ruppel.