Dual system sourcebook for Legend of the Five Rings and Oriental Adventures examining the Phoenix Clan in Rokugan. Something of a sequel to the Way of the Phoenix, it brings the description up to date with the metaplot timeline of L5R 2e. While these volumes contain player options and information, they're primarily a GM resource as spoiler information and secrets are interspersed throughout the text.
"Wisdom without knowledge is like power without understanding. Impossible." - Shiba Ningen, Master of the Void.
Secrets of the Phoenix is a highly detailed sourcebook containing a wealth of information for campaigns involving the Phoenix Clan. Provinces, customs, history, and important individuals are discussed in greater depth than in past books. This book not only serves as a player's guide to being a Phoenix, but also as a GM's guide for creating adventures specific to Phoenix territories. Includes a special Secrets chapter containing un-revealed mysteries of the Phoenix Clan. This book also brings the story up to date through the current expansion of the CCG arc.
- Compatible with the traditional Alderac game system and the popular d20 system.
- New options for campaigns and character creation mean that product appeals to both players and GMs.
- Setting information can be placed in other settings, appealing to non-L5R d20 fans.
- Contains new fiction and background information featuring L5R characters.
- Strong continuity with the L5R CCG.
"One cannot have power without wisdom and yet only by learning to control one's power can wisdom be gained. This is the way of the Phoenix."- Shiba Aikune, Master of the Last Wish
Secrets of the Phoenix explores the most mysterious Great Clan; illustrating its customs, holdings, and way of life. But have caution: the Phoenix guard their secrets well, and do not take lightly to outsiders in their libraries...
Within, you will find:
- Mechanics for secret orders within the clan like the Isawa Tensai-masters of elemental magic- and the Order of Chikai, the devoted bodyguards who protect them.
- New spells exclusive to the Phoenix families.
- Information on the Yobanjin, the strange barbarians who dwell in the mountains north of the Phoenix.
- Gisei Toshi, the lost city of the Phoenix. Hidden behind a wall of illusion and secrecy, here the Phoenix carry out their most crucial experiments.
- The darkest secrets of the Phoenix Clan- the dark, forgotten shames that they hide from outsiders...and themselves.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.