Dual system sourcebook for Legend of the Five Rings and Oriental Adventures examining the Dragon Clan in Rokugan. Something of a sequel to the Way of the Dragon, it brings the description up to date with the metaplot timeline of L5R 2e. While these volumes contain player options and information, they're primarily a GM resource as spoiler information and secrets are interspersed throughout the text.
Secrets of the Dragon is an intricately detailed sourcebook containing a wealth of information for campaigns involving the Dragon Clan. Provinces, customs, history, and important individuals are aptly explored in greater depth than in the past. This book not only serves as a player's guide to being a Dragon, but also as a GM's guide for creating adventures set in Dragon territories. Includes a special Secrets chapter containing the revealed mysteries of the Dragon. This book updates the story through the current expansion of the CCG arc.
- Compatible with the traditional Alderac game system and the popular d20 system.
- New options for campaigns and character creation assures that product appeals to both players and GMs.
- Setting information can be easily removed and placed in any setting, appealing to non-L5R d20 fans.
- Contains new fiction and new background information featuring popular L5R characters.
- Strong continuity with the L5R CCG.
"Enlightenment cannot be found by searching for it, and yet it cannot be found by doing nothing." – Togashi Satsu, Dragon Clan Champion
Secrets of the Dragon explores that most mysterious of clans, the Dragon. Though they avoid politics and shun entangling alliances, the Way of the Dragon always affects the Empire profoundly whenever the clan’s strange tattooed mystics, brilliant swordsmen, and powerful shugenja choose to climb down from their mountain retreats.
Within, you will find:
- The history, traditions, and holdings of the Dragon families: Mirumoto, Tamori, Kitsuki, and the Three Orders of tattooed monks- Hitomi, Togashi, and Hoshi.
- New mechanics for Dragon characters, including Kitsuki courtier abilities, new swordsman techniques, and new mystical tattoos.
- A unique perspective on the Empire's history, seen through the eyes of a Dragon.
- A detailed description of the Tamori Tunnels, a dangerous pit of corruption and evil in the heart of the Dragon lands.
- The strangest mysteries of the enlightened Dragon Clan revealed.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.