From the box cover:
The Final Frontier holds Danger and Adventure for those who volunteer for STARFLEET VOYAGES!
A complete roleplaying system for interstellar adventure including a separate starship combat game, color counters, and special Gamescience HIGH IMPACT dice!
Released in 1982, "Starfleet Voyages" can be summed up in two ways:
1. It is the culmination of Michael Scott's work in the "Space Patrol" series -- Space Patrol (Gamescience, 1977), Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier (Heritage Models, 1978), Star Patrol (Gamescience, 1981), as well as the "Star Fleet Battle Manual" boardgame (Gamescience, 1977) he co-wrote with Lou Zocchi
2. It is an much-expanded, but unofficial and unlicensed new version of Star Trek: AGFF
This boxed set included:
- A 74 page rulebook split into two sections: Book 1 - The Landing Party, and Book 2 - Starflight
- Starship Record Sheets (24)
- Starfleet Character Record Sheets (16)
- Gamescience High Impact Dice (d4, d8, d12, d20 and 3d6)
- Starship Markers Sheet, featuring 20 ships and additional counters (the markers appear to be originally from the Star Fleet battle Manual and Alien Space games, with Trek ships thinly disguised, by hand and with marker, to appear non-infringing
- 3 slips of paper: two with last-minute errata, and one with additional instructions (inclduing ordering information)
- A publisher's information sheet on the game