You want drama?
Drama is your ticket to the melodrama and suspense of a soap opera campaign. This book gives you everything you need to introduce emotional entanglements and twisted personal relationships to your favorite role playing games. Whether your characters are a family of ancient wizards or a group of bored teenagers, Drama will help you delve into the petty schemes and bitter vendettas that are the hallmark of a melodramatic campaign.
This book has everything a game master needs to immerse the characters in a world of cat fights, old rivalries, lost loves, and emotional breakdowns. A GM can use the materials presented here to create a campaign straight of the daytime soaps or incorporate melodramatic plots into any other genre of role-playing game. Running a dramatic campaign is much different than a campaign that is centered on action and beating the bad guys. Social interaction and the personal lives of the characters are the primary drivers of events in the game. This book can help a GM to deal with the revolving storylines, cliff hangers, and open ended plots.
If you want to customize your character to fit into a soap opera setting then you need look no further. Advanced classes, feats, and drawbacks are all here to round out your soap opera characters and give him or her the edge in social situations.
Drama provides gamers with:
- GM advice for capturing the feel of the soap opera genre, including secrets, seduction, romance, tragedy, and more!
- Plot hooks and melodramatic storylines
- A random encounter chart with three custom NPCs
- Six new Advanced Classes
- New Feats
- New Drawbacks
- Ashbury Heights: A sample setting perfect for any game of psychological drama or supernatural mystery
- Adventure set ups set in the disturbing town of Ashbury Heights
This book is compatible with the Modern d20 rulebook.