From the Publisher:
The master warrior doesn't simply snatch up his sword and hurl himself into battle. He adapts his tools to his goals, knows his weaknesses as well as his strengths, and leads his allies to victory. Low-Tech Companion 2: Weapons and Warriors expands on the already-encyclopedic information on TL0-4 warfare in GURPS Low-Tech, adding:
- History. A concise rundown of how fighting evolved from the days of stone axes to the era of pike, shot, and cannon.
- Weapon and Armor Design. Rules for customizing and resizing melee weapons, shields, and armor to suit almost any purpose.
- Equipment Damage. Battles are hard on gear. Gamers after ultimate realism can track each item's state of repair down to the last Hit Point.
- Fortresses. A look everything from hasty ditches to walled cities . . . along with huge cannon and giant siege towers for defeating them!
- Transportation. Practical guidelines for getting infantry, cavalry, and naval forces from A to B.
- Warships. Vehicle stats for early naval vessels, from penteconters to frigates.
Regardless of the scale of the fighting in your campaign, Low-Tech Companion 2: Weapons and Warriors brings you everything you need to put the violence in a broader context.
Low-Tech Companion 2: Weapons and Warriors is a supplement to GURPS Low-Tech. The information on the military history, siegecraft, and warships would be useful in any campaign that involves historically accurate warfare.