Iridia (Compilation)
Fuck for Satan
The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook
The End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Gygax Magazine (Issue 6 - Sep 2015)
Universalis (Revised Edition)
Yellow Dawn: The Age of Hastur
Dark Sun Campaign Setting (Expanded and Revised Edition)
Whimsy Cards
Gamma World Roleplaying Game
Savage Thundarr!
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Player Core Book: Rules & Magic)
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Princes of the Apocalypse
Mask of the Pirate Queen
Nickel & Dime: Robin Hood's Band of Outlaws
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness
All Flesh Must Be Eaten Revised Edition
DragonQuest Boxed Set (First Edition)
RuneQuest (2nd Edition)
T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil
Scoundrel's Luck
Stormbringer (3rd Edition)
Delta Green
Gamma World (5th Edition)
The Inner Sea World Guide
Arcana Journal (Issue 6 - May 2010)
Fantasy Role Playing Games
The Book of Spiritual Powers 2nd Edition
Pieces of Eight
Book of Vile Darkness
Ultimate Equipment
Book 5: High Guard (First Edition)
What is a Roleplaying Game?
500 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 3500 4000 4500 5000 5500 6000 6500 7000 7500 8000 8500 9000 9500 10000 10500 11000
Announcement – 2015 Support Drive – Ending in:

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Taber
Santa Clara
Check out my RPG blog at!
Work hard, play hard!
-== What is it? ==-

Death In Luxor is the first Call Of Cthulhu adventure in the Age Of Cthulhu line from Goodman Games. I purchased the PDF version from DriveThruRPG so that is what I will be reviewing.

The document is comprised of the covers, the adventure with interspersed art and maps, several pages of handouts, and five sample characters. The PDF has a color front and back cover and an entirely black and white interior. The format is 8.5” x 11” and is 50 pages in length.

I have read the product from cover-to-cover. I ran the adventure for my gaming group after converting it to Fudge for my Terra Incognita campaign. (See the session logs on this very blog for a complete recap of how the adventure ran for my group.)

-== What I Like ==-

The adventure was very solid with strong hooks to move the players from one scene to the next. I had no trouble keeping things moving along even with my unpredictable set of players.

Several of the encounters created a lot of great drama. One scene that went particularly well with my group involved an encounter where the tomb guardians lock the PC into a tomb that is filling with water and releasing deep ones. It was awesome watching the PC scramble for a solution. Great stuff!

The module is set in the 1920′s but it was very easy to convert to the 1890′s where my campaign was set. Simply replacing cars with camels did the trick.

I really enjoyed the interior art and the cover. The cover art is pretty dramatic and eye catching.

-== What I Don’t Like ==-

Some of the handouts and the maps print out very dark. One of the handouts is not even viewable unless the copy is lighted by quite a bit. Even though the maps are dark they are nicely detailed.

During the adventure the PC encounter several bits of text that they translate. Some of these translations are critical to the story. I really wanted more of these translations available as handouts. Even if it is just a copy of the text in a tiny box that would have been nice. I was forced to create a separate document then copy out the text from the PDF. If I had not purchased the PDF I would have been forced to drag out the old copy machine.

-== Summary ==-

Overall I liked the adventure. It was linear but not overly so and the action was great. If this is their first attempt at a Call of Cthulhu scenario they are off to a great start. The price point for the PDF is fantastic at only $7.99.

I give it 7 out of 10 paws.