Delta Green
Aftermath!
Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads!!!!
Fiasco
Technoir
Shadowbrook Manor
Numenera
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Inner City
Fate Core System
The Jewel of Yavin
Enemies Within
Desperate Allies
3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars
Gamma World
Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game (2nd Edition)
Mekton Zeta
Deck of Priest Spells
The Revised Recon
KidWorld the Role Playing Game
Apocalypse World
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set
Mouse Guard RPG Dice Set
RuneQuest Sixth Edition
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Terrors of the Secret War
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
60 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: RPG Geek of the Week #71: Peter Schott (pethulhu) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordi Boscà de Vasconcelos
Spain
Maestrazgo de Teruel
Teruel - Aragón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a great week for me, I truly enjoyed being RPG Geek of the Week! laugh

http://rpggeek.com/wiki/page/RPG_Geek_of_the_Week

But now it's time to pass the torch to another fellow geek. He is playing rpgs since the 80's, he's a GM, Cthulhu fan (Peter+Cthulhu=pethulhucool) and he's been working a lot in the RPGG: he's an Herculean RPG uploader!

Let's congratulate the RPG Geek of the Week #71:
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb

And here's his own introduction:

pethulhu wrote:

Hello, fellow geeks.

First I want to express my thanks to Boscadelic for nominating me as RPG Geek of the Week. I feel deeply honoured.

Now, some words about myself:

I was born in 1974 in the city of Nürnberg in Germany/Bavaria/Franconia, and still live there. After studying maths and physics in nearby Erlangen I was lucky to get a teacher’s job in my home town, teaching children and younglings from 5th to 13th (now, with this years’ school reform only to 12th) grade, that equals roughly the ages from 10 to 19, in those two subjects.

I especially like the mediaval city of Nürnberg. Though bombed heavily in WW2, it is still a fine example of a mediaval town, much of which was still there after the war or got rebuilt. As it was one of the biggest towns in Europe in the 15th century, there is a lot to see.

My parents used to play a lot of boardgames with me and my younger brother, so I have been a gamer all my life.

My first introduction to roleplaying was at the age of 12. An older friend, whom we used to visit to play computer games on his C64, broke out a copy of "Das schwarze Auge", still the most popular RPG in Germany. It instantly got me. Very soon I switched behind the screen, and have been GMing ever since. That of course meant that I didn’t play as a PC very often. At the beginning, the party still had my own character with them, but when we got older this seemed like a silly concept, and we dropped him.
As I was as much a gamer as a collector, I even once bought a book and gave it to a friend for GMing. So, I could play and still own the book.

Roughly at the age of 16, we tried several other systems: D&D, MERP, Midgard, even Paranoia (some of them only at Cons), but always came back to Das schwarze Auge (DSA).

When I was skimming to the town library, I happened across "The case of Charles Dexter Ward" (in English) by HPL, and *dang* that was that. Instantly I bought the Call of Cthulhu RPG (German Laurin version), and have been playing only Cthulhu since then.
Reading all of those books in English has helped my English better than school did, though I always was a good student.

I took part in some school activity days (not of my own school), playing Cthulhu with the students there at the age of 18-20. It more looked like a group black mass, than anything else, and I think some of the teachers frowned upon it, but it was great fun.

Later, I took part in a scenario contest of Wunderwelten magazine, and won the second prize. That was the beginning of my writing "career".
Or, to be correct, it nearly was. It was a dark time for CoC in Germany. Laurin was bancrupt, no other company published CoC stuff. I offered my winning scenario to a website owner (Arkham chronicle), and wrote another one for the website (they can still be downloaded there).
Then Pegasus published German Cthulhu again. I didnt buy the books at first, as I still had my Laurin rules. But through some internet forums I came into contact with the idea of a fanzine: Cthulhoide Welten. Frank Heller took over as editor of this project, and I was invited to write something there. But then, Frank suddenly became editor and later chief editor for Cthulhu by Pegasus. So I became part of the writing staff at Pegasus. That’s just the way it goes, coincidences. I still write for Pegasus, not very much, perhaps 30-50 pages a year, but it is great fun.

On the other hand, I have lost my game group. After the end of our studies, roughly 10 years ago, it broke up, with people spinning off in all directions. Some still live here, but have children (I don’t), some are "too old for that shit" and so on, you know it.
So, I sadly only play 2 or 3 times a year now, (and on conventions, that I visit once a year.) My gaming partners at these rare occasions are now colleages of mine, and my girl friend, all of whom never played RPGs before. But this is really fun. A fresh group of people over 30, all girls. It’s a new experience. And we had a blast.

Sometimes I write the word "Cthulhu" on the black board just to see how my students react. But up to now, I was only able to convert one student to the worship of Cthulhu in 8 years of business.

Apart from RPGs, my hobbies are boardgaming, and playing the bass in my (hobby-) Ska-band "Ministry of Silly Ska".

And now, keep the questions coming.

(P.S. There are some exams in my school in this week, so I might not answer all of your questions at once. But I will ...)

Poll: Two truths and a lie
Three pethulhu's personal statements, one of them is a lie.
Two truths and a lie - wich one is a lie?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
I killed Sandy Petersen (i.e. I killed his character.)
21.7% 5
The very first scenario I wrote for Call of Cthulhu got published.
17.4% 4
I wear a tattoo shaped like the Cursed Rune Of The Horned Rat.
60.9% 14
Voters 23
This poll is now closed.   23 answers
Poll created by Boscadelic
Closes: Sun May 22, 2011 6:00 am

Congratulations Peter!

Here're my RPG-related questions:

1I know you're a teacher. Have you ever used RPGs for educational purposes? If so, how was the experience like?

2One of your games is Das Schwarze Auge (DSA) (2nd Edition). Could you tell something about it to non-german geeks?

3Germany is known for the quality of its board games and board game designers... Could you tell us about the RPG's in Germany? Are there many german rpg publishers?

4What's your favorite Call of Cthulhu monster/deity? Why?

And now some generic questions:

5You've got the Dali fan microbadge... Have you ever been in Figures Dalí theatre-museum?

6You've got the vegetarian microbadgethumbsup... Could you tell the non-vegetarian people some good reason to avoid feeding on dead animals?

Enjoy your week!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mb
Congratulations Peter!

here are my usual questions.

- What's you're favorite monster?
- What's you're favorite beer or other drink?
- Wich boardgames do you prefer?
- What's you're favorite meal?
- Will you congratulate you're BGG and VGG counterpart and ask him/her some questions?
- What was the most strange character you've ever created?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Peter!

Thanks for rating your large collection!

1db What's the best RPG acquisition that you've made in the last year? Why?

2 Is there anything coming out in the future that's on your "buy" list?

d10-3 What's your favorite race to play in Blood Bowl?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammer Man
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulation Peter!!!

Lets try some questions

- What's your favourite film based on a RPG ?

- Which are yopur favourtes RPG's for genres? Sword & sorcery, sci-fi, horror......

- If you would have to be a monster which one?

- Axe or Sword?

- If you have to play a futuristic scenario what kind of background do you prefer? Mad Max, Balde Runner or Star Wars. Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cooksey
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
I'm on a podcast! - www.playontarget.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!!

1 What languages do you speak (or read or write)?

2 Have you ever played a game in a language other than your native tongue?

3 I'm a big ska fan. How many people are in your band? Have you made any recordings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boscadelic wrote:

1I know you're a teacher. Have you ever used RPGs for educational purposes? If so, how was the experience like?

2One of your games is Das Schwarze Auge (DSA) (2nd Edition). Could you tell something about it to non-german geeks?

3Germany is known for the quality of its board games and board game designers... Could you tell us about the RPG's in Germany? Are there many german rpg publishers?

4What's your favorite Call of Cthulhu monster/deity? Why?

And now some generic questions:

5You've got the Dali fan microbadge... Have you ever been in Figures Dalí theatre-museum?

6You've got the vegetarian microbadgethumbsup... Could you tell the non-vegetarian people some good reason to avoid feeding on dead animals?

Enjoy your week!laugh

Hi Jordi
Thanks again for nominating me.
I'm looking forward to this week.

Now, some answers:

1 No, and since I teach maths and physics, I don't see an opportunity to it in any reasonable way. "You are now an electron. You see that big nasty atom core. What do you do"????
2 Das schwarze Auge (DSA for short) still is the biggest RPG in Germany. It features a very detailed fantasy world, that draws heavily from real history on earth. Going round the continent "Aventurien" starting from the North in a counterclockwise direction, you find:
vikings (called Thorwaler), the orcs that equal indians in a gold rush setting, Brittany (Albernia), renaissance France/Italy/Netherlands (Das liebliche Feld), south-american conquistadores and indians (Al Anfa), The South Sea, India/Araby (Die Tulamidenlande), Japan (Maraskan), Prussia and Russia (Bornland), Siberia/Finland (Die Nivesenlande.) Set in the middle of the continent is The Holy Roman Empire (Mittelreich), and south of this a desert that is the Arabian Desert complete with muslims (Das Kalifat).
The rules were changed heavily throughout the editions, it started with roling your characters and now (4th edition that i never played) has a buy-system.
It is the one that I started roleplaying with.
Characters get stronger but never are superheroes/demigods. I quit playing this when i discovered Cthulhu.
3 There are some publishers, but the market is declining. Ulisses took over DSA from Fanpro, who are only doing books know. The quality of Ulisses is not very good. They recycle things, do no proofreading...angry
Pegasus Spiele (whom I work for) do Shadowrun and Cthulhu. The Cthulhu stuff is of a very good quality, I'm nearly convinced it is the best in the world - good authors, fine layouts, historic images, everything is tested before it is published. But, since there are not enough players out there, Pegasus is reducing it's output too. Sad.
4 That's Nyarlathotep. Many faces, and he cares for humanity and tries to seduce it, instead of simply killing them by the way. Many events of history could be machinations of Nyarlo. I like that.
5No. Is that somwehere in northern Spain? I just like his art, and read his autobigraphy. Strange man.
6Slaughterhouses scare me. That's psychological terror. Pigs are more intelligent than dogs, but are held in these inhuman conditions. They get very well what we are up to: Killing them. The same goes for other animals. Apart from that, not eating meat has nice side effects:
More vegetables is more healthy. And it is much easier to feed the world on vegetables than on meat, because you need a lot of vegetables for getting the meat. That's inefficient

edit: adding links and spell checks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Congratulations Peter!

here are my usual questions.

- What's you're favorite monster?
Nyarlathotep, as mentioned above. If you could call him a monster. Apart from that: Humans. They can be very scary. More than any monster.
- What's you're favorite beer or other drink?
I live in Franconia, that's where we have more breweries per inhabitant than elsewhere in teh world. meeple So, It's beer. Dark beer. Of one of teh numerous small breweries. Nearly all of them are good, but they don't sell internationally. Some fine examples: Krug, Meister, Hetzelsdorfer, Ammerndorfer...
- Wich boardgames do you prefer?
My favorite is civilization (the old one by AH), after that space alert.
- What's you're favorite meal?
Hmm. probably cheese. The more smelly, the better
- Will you congratulate you're BGG and VGG counterpart and ask him/her some questions?
Maybe the BGG Geek. But I'm not into video games at all, so I dont visit VGG.
correction: Of course I will. This didnt cross my mind at first - hence this unfriendly answer. I'm an idiot

- What was the most strange character you've ever created?
I mainly GM. But, the "strangest" one was a female american lawyer, motorcyclist and pug owner. She died sadly by a shotgun blast to the chest, by some cultists near Greenwich, and was survived by her dog.

edit: see correction above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
Congrats Peter!

Thanks for rating your large collection!

1db What's the best RPG acquisition that you've made in the last year? Why?

2 Is there anything coming out in the future that's on your "buy" list?

d10-3 What's your favorite race to play in Blood Bowl?

Enjoy your week!

1) Last year, there were not so many acquisitions of note. Butthe year before that, it's "Die Traumlande - limited edition" (the dreamlands)
This is the most stunning beatiful book i own. I'm a dreamlands fan, but this one is just amazing. (And it's not because I wrote the additional scenario therein.)
2) yes, I buy every Cthulhu product by Pegasus, and I will definitely buy the last geographic sourcebook for DSA "Die Schattenlande", about some demonic areas in Aventurien.
3) Professional Elves. And Skaven. I like the throwing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
hammerman wrote:
Congratulation Peter!!!

- What's your favourite film based on a RPG ?
I actually dont know any. Perhaps the gamers? That's funny

- Which are yopur favourtes RPG's for genres? Sword & sorcery, sci-fi, horror......
Cthulhuid Horror

- If you would have to be a monster which one?
a werewolf

- Axe or Sword?
I don't play fantasy any more. But my first character was a dwarf, so: Axe

- If you have to play a futuristic scenario what kind of background do you prefer? Mad Max, Balde Runner or Star Wars. Why?

Blade Runner. I like this kind of stuff, crumbling cities full of neon lights, dark corners, radiation, androids. And I like the book (more than the movie, because tehre are some interesting moral questions in there - the movie is more of an action movie without those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
pethulhu wrote:

I'm a Skaven guy too! Love those Gutter Runners...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vaklam wrote:
Congratulations!!

1 What languages do you speak (or read or write)?

2 Have you ever played a game in a language other than your native tongue?

3 I'm a big ska fan. How many people are in your band? Have you made any recordings?

1) English. And Germna, of course. I learned Latin at school but forgot most of it. And tried to learn Spanish, but that didnt work so well. Or better, not at all. I can count and order myself a beer in spanish. That's it

2) Yes, several times in english, but it is always very exhausting for me. I can read english perfectly, and I think my written english is OK, but i have problems following an (native) english GM, especially if he talks fast, in a dialect or describes action scenes.

3) We are 7: voc, git, b (me), dr, tp, ts, as.
You can visit our homepage: www.ministryofsillyska.com
It's in German, but on the "Musik und Pamphlete" link you can find two songs we recorded live, and a short video (also live) from a gig.
We do cover songs, but play them as ska. It's a pure hobby band, no professionals. Tell me if you liked it or not. (Really, I'm not pissed of if you didnt...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
October 23-25, 2015
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

(1) Do you drink alcohol while playing, and do you think it matters if people do or do not?

(2) Vin Diesel is in town looking for a GM. He contacts you and you agree to have him over for a game. You call your friends and setup the session. When Mr. Diesel shows up he has 5 of his friends with him, (he hadn't mentioned them on the phone), and lets you know he doesn't want your friends around. What do you do?

(3) Your character is killed by another PC in game. Do you harbor negative feelings which manifest themselves through your new character, or do you forget anything that happened with your previous character?

(4) You are about to play a new RPG for the first time. Do you design a character based on a tried and true archetype your familiar with, or do you go with a completely new-to-you character type with the new system?

(5) Your character is a roguish class. Your group has just defeated the most difficult BBEG you've ever faced. While the others recover you have first access to the loot. Do you snag the choicest item for yourself without telling anyone or do you let everyone have a fair shot at it?

(6) Your Role-Playing group falls apart. You don't have another group to play with. Your facing a role-playing drought. What do you do to feed your RPG addiction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Peter! These are my usual questions.

d10-1What is your favourite colour when playing a boardgame?
d10-2Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
d10-3Do play an instrument? If yes, which one and for how long already?
d10-4Having fun?
d10-5What would have been your name if your parents didn't name you Peter?
d10-6What is your favourite snack?
d10-7 What is your favourite alcoholic / non-alcoholic drink?
d10-8What is your favourite time of day?
d10-9 What character would you be in a Star Trek setting?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Peter!

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
Congrats!

(1) Do you drink alcohol while playing, and do you think it matters if people do or do not?

(2) Vin Diesel is in town looking for a GM. He contacts you and you agree to have him over for a game. You call your friends and setup the session. When Mr. Diesel shows up he has 5 of his friends with him, (he hadn't mentioned them on the phone), and lets you know he doesn't want your friends around. What do you do?

(3) Your character is killed by another PC in game. Do you harbor negative feelings which manifest themselves through your new character, or do you forget anything that happened with your previous character?

(4) You are about to play a new RPG for the first time. Do you design a character based on a tried and true archetype your familiar with, or do you go with a completely new-to-you character type with the new system?

(5) Your character is a roguish class. Your group has just defeated the most difficult BBEG you've ever faced. While the others recover you have first access to the loot. Do you snag the choicest item for yourself without telling anyone or do you let everyone have a fair shot at it?

(6) Your Role-Playing group falls apart. You don't have another group to play with. Your facing a role-playing drought. What do you do to feed your RPG addiction?

(1) Yes, but only a little when I am the GM, as i have to concentrate. Some sparkling whine has kept my girl-group going at first. (See my intro)

(2) Flee by the back door, and then play with friends in a cellar hoping that Vin doesnt find us?

(3) If not playing Paranoia, I would forget it. In Paranoia, hard feelings ar a must have.

(4) a develop a character depending on the setting - it can be completely new, and I actually like that.

(5) As I dont do dungeon crawls - and never did - this problem doesnt come up. I think i would be fair.

(6) As this has actually happened to me, I wait, buy more RPG books, write a scenario or two , talk to colleagues about my hobby and hope for the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Narl wrote:
Congrats Peter! These are my usual questions.

d10-1What is your favourite colour when playing a boardgame?
d10-2Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
d10-3Do play an instrument? If yes, which one and for how long already?
d10-4Having fun?
d10-5What would have been your name if your parents didn't name you Peter?
d10-6What is your favourite snack?
d10-7 What is your favourite alcoholic / non-alcoholic drink?
d10-8What is your favourite time of day?
d10-9 What character would you be in a Star Trek setting?

Enjoy your week!

d10-1 purple or black, but I dont really care.
d10-2 summer
d10-3 electric bass, 20 yeras now, at the moment in a band called Ministry of Silly Ska
d10-4 do you?
d10-5 never thought of that. Funny thing is, my mum's maiden name is Peter, and i was thinking of taking that. Peter Peter. "Hey Peter" - For you" it's Mr. Peter"...
d10-6 a piece of cheese - really
d10-7 dark beer / black tea with milk and sugar
d10-8 the late mroning at about 10-11 a.m., after a good night's rest - and no work, of course
d10-9 Navigator of a star ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
pethulhu wrote:

I'm a Skaven guy too! Love those Gutter Runners...

Cool. Do you play on fumbbl?
I do, but stopped playing with guys i don't know, as it seemed to me many were just after destroying your team. The old stalling dabate. Where is the fun in doing this?
I never stall, and love seeing a cool touchdown, even by my opponent, more than a good bash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Maestrazgo de Teruel
Teruel - Aragón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pethulhu wrote:
Boscadelic wrote:

5No. Is that somwehere in northern Spain? I just like his art, and read his autobigraphie. Strange man.

I think you'd like it. It is a museum in Figueres, in Catalonia. There you can find the biggest Dalí collection in a single museum. It's a fully surrealistic place, quite disturbing tough...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dal%C3%AD_Theatre_and_Museum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Peter! I was a huge fan of Worlds of Cthulhu - what is your favourite contribution to it? I really enjoyed the in-depth articles and new and unusual settings that were also playable, like Averoigne, Cthulhu Wild West and Cathulhu. The German Cthulhu stuff seen in English in such books as Malleus Monstrorum is really great and inspiring for play.

The reincarnated Unspeakable Oath seems to be carrying on the professional Cthulhu magazine role - fingers crossed.

Have a great week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Peter!

Tell me things about you:

goo What do you think of games other than Call of Cthulhu that feature the big betentacled guy?
goo I teach literature and I've won dozens of students over to Cthulhu's worship - ever thought about teaching something else?
goo What stories of HPL are your favourite?
goo Have you tried reading Robert E. Howard? He and HPL both appeal very much to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Wine Pie wrote:
Congratulations, Peter! I was a huge fan of Worlds of Cthulhu - what is your favourite contribution to it? I really enjoyed the in-depth articles and new and unusual settings that were also playable, like Averoigne, Cthulhu Wild West and Cathulhu. The German Cthulhu stuff seen in English in such books as Malleus Monstrorum is really great and inspiring for play.
Have a great week.

Thanks for your praise.
My favorite article is the scenario in Cthuloide Welten (Issue 2). It never appeared in English, though. (The German and english issues are quite different)
In English, only some of the monster texts (scneraio ideas), that appeared in issue 5 (??) are by me, but that's not a gerat work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hida Mann wrote:
Congratulations, Peter!

goo What do you think of games other than Call of Cthulhu that feature the big betentacled guy?
goo I teach literature and I've won dozens of students over to Cthulhu's worship - ever thought about teaching something else?
goo What stories of HPL are your favourite?
goo Have you tried reading Robert E. Howard? He and HPL both appeal very much to me.

(1) I got the D20 version an hate it. Levels don#t fit the playing style, as I think. Don't know much about the others. I read a scenario or two, but don't own the rules. As an employee of Pegasus, who took the licence from Chaosium, knowing the original system is enough. And honestly, who needs the other games? Rules aren't that important to me anyway.
(2) actually, no. I like math and physics, and I think I'm a good teacher there. well, an OK teacher at least
(3) Dreams in the witch house, followed by the music of Erich Zann, which I read to students numerous times.
(4) I read something, but I don't like the (barbarian) setting at all. Sorry. But I try to read everything having to do with the Mythos that crosses my way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! ninja

Grüße nach Nürnberg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
Congratulations, on our shared week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Maestrazgo de Teruel
Teruel - Aragón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pethulhu wrote:
Hida Mann wrote:

(4) I read something, but I don't like the (barbarian) setting at all. Sorry. But I try to read everything having to do with the Mythos that crosses my way.

You should try Howard's "Worms of the Earth". I read it years ago and I enjoyed it! Full "cthulhoidean" flavor!goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.