Cthulhu Britannica: London
Alone Against the Flames
The Cypher System Rulebook
Space
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
Eternal Lies
Wrath of the Autarch
Reiter der schwarzen Sonne (Special Edition)
Deep Carbon Observatory
D6xD6 Role-Playing Game (Kickstarter Core Edition)
Dragon Age Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Focal Point: The Complete Game Master's Guide to Running Extraordinary Sessions
Tunnels & Trolls Rulebook (5th Edition)
Agent X
Indie+ Anthology 2014
Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Dread
Book 06: Deathtrap Dungeon
Aftermath!
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Customizable Game Master Screen
Sorcery! Book 1: The Shamutanti Hills
Superhero 2044
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set
Microscope
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Savage Worlds Deluxe
Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
Burning Empires
Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition)
Book 05: City of Thieves
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Monstrous Compendium Annual: Volume One
Monstrous Manual
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Book 06: Deathtrap Dungeon» Forums » News

Subject: Now available for Kindle! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently 3.99 at Amazon.

I've previously purchased both Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Book 02: The Citadel of Chaos and I can tell you these books are fantastic on the Kindle, which handles all the die rolls and record keeping -- even maps. Original illustrations are there and have never looked better. Highly recommended!

EDIT:

There is more info at the publisher's website:

http://www.fightingfantasygamebooks.com/

And here:

http://www.worldweaver.com/content.php?29-Fighting-Fantasy-G...

Apparently, they plan to release one Kindle adaptation per month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They used to be non-purchasable outside of US (or at least from where I live), but now I see that they don't even come out when you (I, actually) search for them on Amazon.

Still puzzled by this. I regularly buy books for my Kindle from Amazon US, can't see why I cannot buy Fighting Fantasy gamebooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Guzzetti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for clarity, how should these products be entered into the system? As RPG item versions or as video game releases, on the VGG side? I see that an iPad/iPhone version of Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is listed there, and was wondering how to deal with the Kindle editions. Is there a policy already?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Therapnes wrote:
Just for clarity, how should these products be entered into the system? As RPG item versions or as video game releases, on the VGG side? I see that an iPad/iPhone version of Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is listed there, and was wondering how to deal with the Kindle editions. Is there a policy already?

Thanks!

Surely they don't need separate entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Therapnes wrote:

I was about to answer that you could enter them as versions, listing "Kindle Version" as nickname and "Electronic" as format, but then I found this on the Guide to Data Entry:

The Guide to Data Entry wrote:
Electronic and Computer Role-Playing Games

Any electronic version of RPG material published is fine for inclusion. This must either be new RPG material or a direct port of existing RPG material and distributed legally. This includes legal PDFs, web published entries, iPhone Apps which provide RPG material, etc. If the electronic version attempts to turn the RPG material into a playable game of any kind, we would consider it a video game and should be listed on Video Game Geek instead and not on RPG Geek. So, for example, if a "Lone-Wolf" style adventure was published online in PDF, HTML or DOC format (among others), we would consider it fair game to be listed here at the RPG Geek. However, if this were simply a playable form of a Choose Your Own Adventure game we would consider it a video game and should not be included.

And now I'm not so sure. And I can't even say if the Kindle version is a playable version or not, dammit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Guzzetti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for finding the reference, Paolo! I should have just looked a little harder...

After thinking a bit more about it, I believe the Kindle version of WoFM belongs to VGG. I own it - I bought in the US - and in my opinion it falls squarely in the definition of "playable." The content may be the same as the book, but it is not a text that you can peruse at your will, for example to check the result of two different choices. The program directs the experience. It generates the initial scores for you, shows you only the section that matters at that moment, and makes the die rolls for you.

This seems different from, say, a rulebook or supplement for an RPG published as an e-book (of which there are quite a few available in the Kindle store). I couldn't find examples of products in Kindle format on either site, hence my doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Therapnes wrote:
Thanks for finding the reference, Paolo! I should have just looked a little harder...

After thinking a bit more about it, I believe the Kindle version of WoFM belongs to VGG. I own it - I bought in the US - and in my opinion it falls squarely in the definition of "playable." The content may be the same as the book, but it is not a text that you can peruse at your will, for example to check the result of two different choices. The program directs the experience. It generates the initial scores for you, shows you only the section that matters at that moment, and makes the die rolls for you.

This seems different from, say, a rulebook or supplement for an RPG published as an e-book (of which there are quite a few available in the Kindle store). I couldn't find examples of products in Kindle format on either site, hence my doubt.

For a definitive answer, maybe we could ask stargate – if he's not watching the thread already...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
They used to be non-purchasable outside of US (or at least from where I live), but now I see that they don't even come out when you (I, actually) search for them on Amazon.

Still puzzled by this. I regularly buy books for my Kindle from Amazon US, can't see why I cannot buy Fighting Fantasy gamebooks.

The reason that the Fighting Fantasy books can't be bought outside the US is because they're using Active Content. Unfortunately, Amazon hasn't yet made any Active Content available outside the US - which makes the UK fans of the FF books rather annoyed in particular.

I believe the Active Content is still in beta, which probably explains why they haven't rolled it out further yet.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
has all three gamebooks running on his Kindle here in NZ. I believe you have to change to a US address to order them, but they run fine here in NZ. I've played Warlock, and it does look very snazzy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He danced a while with his crocodile and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: suffering from a lack of time; I think it's a chronic condition.
mbmbmbmbmb
Therapnes wrote:

Based on your description, yes: this should be submitted to VGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
you are being watched
badge
I am EVIL, do not try to change my alignment
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
Therapnes wrote:

For a definitive answer, maybe we could ask stargate – if he's not watching the thread already...

I just saw this thread, I stalk Stelio ...and I need a life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
you are being watched
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here we go

this was submitted to the VGG domain back in January

Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain

this is a iOS product

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
And thanks for pointing this out! After seeing this thread and checking out the links, I downloaded it for my Kindle right away.

Looking forward to checking it out tonight after I mow the lawn. And since it's only $2.99 for iOS, I'll probably end up getting it there too so I can compare which platform I like better for the future releases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Guzzetti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
here we go
this was submitted to the VGG domain back in January
Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
this is a iOS product

The Kindle appears not to be listed as a platform yet, which is another reason I was not sure on how to proceed - unless I'm missing something again.

Anyway, thanks again for the answers! I'll check the VGG forums and see if I can find something more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Guzzetti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but this submission popped up yesterday in my feed reader:

N/A

and I was wondering if there has been a change in policy. VGG does not list the Kindle as a separate version yet, but a Kindle version for at least one game has been submitted there:

Shogun: Rise Of The Renegade (Kindle Edition.)

and has been put under Other Mobile Devices (I don't know when it was added). Would this be a good way to go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
you are being watched
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Therapnes wrote:
Hi all,

sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but this submission popped up yesterday in my feed reader:

[rpgitemversion=211287]now deleted[/rpgitemversion]

this version has been deleted, it belongs on VGG

Quote:
and I was wondering if there has been a change in policy. VGG does not list the Kindle as a separate version yet, but a Kindle version for at least one game has been submitted there:

Shogun: Rise Of The Renegade (Kindle Edition.)

and has been put under Other Mobile Devices (I don't know when it was added). Would this be a good way to go?

the Video Game Shogun: Rise Of The Renegade was added to VGG in April 2012

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.