Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana
Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook
James Bond 007
The Revised Recon
Hoard of the Dragon Queen
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game
Feng Shui 2
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game (2nd Edition)
M2: Maze of the Riddling Minotaur
KidWorld the Role Playing Game
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set
Shadowbrook Manor
Scourge of the Demon Wolf
The Darkening of Mirkwood
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Hell Unleashed
Teach Me How to Demon
The Cypher System Rulebook
Pyramid (Volume 3, Issue 81 - Jul 2015)
Dread
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned
The Dungeon of the Bear: Level 1
Gemini
Malleus Monstrorum
Alone Against the Wendigo
GURPS Warehouse 23: Things THEY Don't Want You To Have
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
The Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy
Apocalypse World
Marshal's Handbook
Dread House
Wild West
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Numenera
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
Whitehack
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2205 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [89] | 

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: OOC: Alterim - A Pathfinder Campaign by Mulligans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:

Starting Wealth and Equipment

You may each choose 250 GP worth of equipment. This includes your weapons, armor, gear and food.

As for how much gold you have on hand, each of you can roll 2d6x7

Eventually, you'll earn more gold and life will get easier.

starting$ 2d6 = (3 + 1) = 4 x7 = 28

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 137326. not2fear
  • 2d6 =
  • (3 + 1) =
  • starting$
  • Sat Jun 9, 2012 3:40 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
Next bit of info for you guys.

I think it was Original that mentioned background stories, I will ask you each to write up a short background story for your character. Or, a long one if you prefer !

A couple things to keep in mind,

The setting for this campaign is a land that none of your characters has ever been to before, and maybe never even heard of before.

You are all starting off in the employ of a certain NPC, travelling with him to this new land.

I will be giving you a spending limit for the equipment you choose.

The amount of GP you start with will be minimal.

No magic items or potions to start off !

You'll all have to struggle a bit to make your way in the beginning.

Sorry, no millionaire playboys !

Mulligan, this new land we are travelling to, is it wilderness, frontier or urban? "Rural couuntryside"?

Actually the "retainers in the service of an NPC lord" concept reminds me of Raymond E Feist's "Daughter of the Empire" trilogy, which I loved. I especially enjoyed the bits about Arakasi, the spymaster ninja oin the campaign world, is there any equivalent to oriental peoples? I might propose an oriental PC concept
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Games > Free Time
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
You are the 999th person to view this hidden message!
mbmbmbmbmb
You will find a variety of settings from large cities to villages to rural.

As well as a good amount of wilderness.

Assuming you're character is human, you may make them any specific race you desire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to check out for so long, last night was my f2f group (once every two weeks) and Saturdays are my day to sleep in which I hold dear.

I certainly can take a spell caster, I prefer Sorcerers unless there would be a detriment to playing one. Give me a bit to dream up a background.

Mulligans, in answer to your questions, I'm up for anything as far as combat/skills. The Chronica Feudelis PbF I had played utilized a lot of skill challenges and I found it fun but combat is the stuff of high fantasy. Whatever you come up with is OK by me. I signed up to experience your story, not dictate to you what it should be so anything you come up with will be fine.

No worries on having only run a couple of games, I can tell already that are going to a good job. I'm not going to rules lawyer here or step on your toes. I've been playing with the same group F2F for over two decades now, so it's nice to be able to swim in another part of the pool. So far everything you have said more than acceptable to me and I'm looking forward to the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
OriginalDM wrote:
Sorry to check out for so long, last night was my f2f group (once every two weeks) and Saturdays are my day to sleep in which I hold dear.

I certainly can take a spell caster, I prefer Sorcerers unless there would be a detriment to playing one. Give me a bit to dream up a background.

Mulligans, in answer to your questions, I'm up for anything as far as combat/skills. The Chronica Feudelis PbF I had played utilized a lot of skill challenges and I found it fun but combat is the stuff of high fantasy. Whatever you come up with is OK by me. I signed up to experience your story, not dictate to you what it should be so anything you come up with will be fine.

No worries on having only run a couple of games, I can tell already that are going to a good job. I'm not going to rules lawyer here or step on your toes. I've been playing with the same group F2F for over two decades now, so it's nice to be able to swim in another part of the pool. So far everything you have said more than acceptable to me and I'm looking forward to the show.

Well said, my friend, well said indeed! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
Pacifica
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting cash 2d6 = (4 + 2) = 6 x 7 = 42
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 137340. AnotherHorrorFan
  • 2d6 =
  • (4 + 2) =
  • Starting cash
  • Sat Jun 9, 2012 4:53 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
So what would the rest of you like to see as the 4th party member? I am thinking:

1) Knight (high fantasy right? How can it be complete without stalwart knights?)

2) Swashbuckling fighter-rogue (Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die! )

3) Wizard ("A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:

1) Is there any online character sheet resource I should be using for character building?

Apologies for the delay. It just occured to me that this might be what you had in mind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
So what would the rest of you like to see as the 4th party member? I am thinking:

1) Knight (high fantasy right? How can it be complete without stalwart knights?)

2) Swashbuckling fighter-rogue (Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die! )

3) Wizard ("A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.")

Take the wizard and I'll go rogue. I think I'll play that better than a sorcerer and there's no need to gum up the party with two spell casters. Let me know if that works for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
Pacifica
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tor's sheet is up on the wiki! I have a bad feeling I went all out and made this guy pretty difficult to play (I have created some quirks not listed that are going to be a pain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Games > Free Time
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
Tor's sheet is up on the wiki! I have a bad feeling I went all out and made this guy pretty difficult to play (I have created some quirks not listed that are going to be a pain).

Looks great !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
OriginalDM wrote:
not2fear wrote:

Take the wizard and I'll go rogue. I think I'll play that better than a sorcerer and there's no need to gum up the party with two spell casters. Let me know if that works for you.

Original, i prefer that you play whatever you ENJOY the most, rather than what you play better. Since this is going to be long term, we will need to maintain interest in the PC for a very long time indeed...

In any case, since we have a fighter, cleric and arcane spell caster, I figured we have the basics down.

And if I took knight or fighter, I would be gumming up the party with 2 melee types...

Mulligans, what do you think? Would you prefer something new like paladin, druid or monk? I'd be happy to those too if there is an interest in it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Games > Free Time
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
OriginalDM wrote:
not2fear wrote:

Original, i prefer that you play whatever you ENJOY the most, rather than what you play better. Since this is going to be long term, we will need to maintain interest in the PC for a very long time indeed...

In any case, since we have a fighter, cleric and arcane spell caster, I figured we have the basics down.

And if I took knight or fighter, I would be gumming up the party with 2 melee types...

Mulligans, what do you think? Would you prefer something new like paladin, druid or monk? I'd be happy to those too if there is an interest in it...

It's really up to you guys.

I'll give ya my 2 cents though.

As you said "fighter, cleric and arcane spell caster" are three of the four. I'd say, don't leave up to just the fighter to handle the juggernaut of destruction that awaits. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
Pacifica
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
not2fear wrote:
OriginalDM wrote:
not2fear wrote:

As you said "fighter, cleric and arcane spell caster" are three of the four. I'd say, don't leave up to just the fighter to handle the juggernaut of destruction that awaits. whistle

Why would our fighter want to fight Tor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Games > Free Time
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

A couple IC posting comments:

I am a real devil when it comes to using faces in thread posts. One of my favorites is goo

However, I would rather if none of us used them in the IC Thread.

Horror, ( I hope you dont mind me shortening your name )

When we roll for initiative at the beginning of combat I will ask you guys to roll with me in the first map I put up for each combat.

I will say "Please roll for initiative in this post" or some such.

Anyhow, in case you hadn't noticed this before, at the bottom of my posts, there is an "add roll" button. Your roll will show up under the post, where the + die roll will be. "Assuming I remember to enable public die rolls . shake

I added one here for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 137384. Mulligans
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (12) + 9 =
  • Jabberwocky initiative
  • Sat Jun 9, 2012 11:37 pm
  • [+]
  • 137387. not2fear
  • 1d20 =
  • (7) =
  • Jujub bird initiative
  • Sat Jun 9, 2012 11:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 137388. not2fear
  • 1d20 =
  • (6) =
  • Bandersnatch initiative
  • Sat Jun 9, 2012 11:48 pm
Games > Free Time
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
Mulligans wrote:
not2fear wrote:
OriginalDM wrote:
not2fear wrote:

I tend to forget that Clerics are not just the Medics, like back when I played D&D. Even though wavemotion has reminded myself and others of this in both games I played, I still think that way.

I have a feeling Tor will finally rid me of that illusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
Mulligans wrote:
not2fear wrote:
OriginalDM wrote:
not2fear wrote:

I tend to forget that Clerics are not just the Medics, like back when I played D&D. Even though wavemotion has reminded myself and others of this in both games I played, I still think that way.

I have a feeling Tor will finally rid me of that illusion.

I am always very respectful to clerics... especially when I need healing!

Seriously, I've seen some seriously cool cleric concepts... clerics rock! ;thumbsup:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Another, I was looking at Tor in wiki and... I think I should point out most respectfully (in case you missed it) that without the 'selective channeling' feat, whenever Tor channels positive healing, all eligible targets, friend or foe, will be healed.

I am aware of your views on powergaming, and I'm not trying to tell you how to build a PC but i thought I'd point this out in case...

Yes, I'm tip toeing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
Pacifica
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know. It was a conscious decision. If it makes things way too hard it will probably be the next feat I take. At the moment I am happy as is. Mechanically speaking I think we will be safe with my crazy number of spell slots and spontaneous casting to get us to the end of a tough battle for group heal time.

PS. Yes I truly despise power gaming as a RPGer with much more GM experience than player experience. As such a lot of decisions in character creation had me ask myself "am I doing this because it works mechanically or because it makes sense thematically?" My only allowance in that regard was putting a skill rank in Heal even though frankly it only makes moderate sense with my background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
I know. It was a conscious decision. If it makes things way too hard it will probably be the next feat I take. At the moment I am happy as is. Mechanically speaking I think we will be safe with my crazy number of spell slots and spontaneous casting to get us to the end of a tough battle for group heal time.

No problem, that's cool cool

BTW, when you listed 'Pot' in Tor's equipment, did you mean 'container/vessel' or did you mean, like, 'weed'

Tor is soooo cool, I just had to ask.

Imagine this battle cleric going into battle berserker mode high on pot... awesome awesome concept!

Um... not that I am encouraging drug use, which is of course bad for you and illegal in Singapore (possessing enough of that stuff WILL get you hanged).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
Pacifica
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should have made it Pot (Iron) but ya I can see the confusion.
As a P.P.S.

That is also why I went with Intimidating Prowess as my feat. With Tor's background and appearance it would just make far too little sense for a Bard type character to out intimidate him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
PS. Yes I truly despise power gaming as a RPGer with much more GM experience than player experience. As such a lot of decisions in character creation had me ask myself "am I doing this because it works mechanically or because it makes sense thematically?" My only allowance in that regard was putting a skill rank in Heal even though frankly it only makes moderate sense with my background.

Is it ok with you if the rest of us discuss mechanics though? I mean I don't wanna offend you, but I also don't wanna get TPKed (or potentially TPKed) and put Mulligans in a difficult position of allowing us to die or ..., well, you get the idea!

For the record, I am ok if Tor makes decisions based on RP and not because it is tactically sound. Even if it gets my PC killed. I've learnt not to get too attached to my PCs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
Pacifica
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, of course it won't offend me. I guess what I am saying is, since my background is mostly GM, I am playing as my ideal player for one of my own games.

P.S.

Also, Tor will be able to do his job mechanically well enough I think. Whether or not he does something stupid is another matter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CHA--ching! 2d6*7 = (5 + 5) * 7 = 40
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 137400. kkoene
  • 2d6*7 =
  • (5 + 5) * 7 =
  • Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:46 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
kkoene wrote:
CHA--ching! kkoene previously rolled 2d6*7 = (5 + 5) * 7 = 40

Hey! Big spender!

Keith, that should be a 70. It has been noticed that the geekroller ignores brackets and executes multiplication first, so it multiplied 5 and 7, then added 5 to the total... Its a bug in the roller. Conspiracy theorists point to it as proof that the geekroller is deliberately bugged to screw our rolls...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [89] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.