Player get attached to characters, and generally don't want to start from scratch with new characters shortly after starting a new game.
However the 6 characters presented in the beginners box are not Core Rules Compliant so players are pretty much forced to abandon them when they move on to the full rules.
I've created 6 character sheets for the nearest Core Complaint variants to the Core Characters.
A few notes:
1) 41-Vex and Lowhrick are created with 5 additional obligation points, whilst the others are created with 10 additional obligation points. This technically means that 4 of the characters are not legal in a game with more than 4 players
2) 41-Vex has had a large boost in skills. The beginners box version of the character was chronically under skilled
3) Mathus' pilot skill became Pilot (Planetary) which means he is no longer skilled at piloting the Krayt Fang.
4) Under the current core rules its impossible for a Bounty Hunter to have Computers as a Class skill, so Oskara doesn't any more. I presume this was a legacy from Beta.
5) Because I haven't copied any text material either from the character folios or from the Core rules you are going to need a copy of both Folios and Core rules to make use of these characters