There are several lists already covering this topic (all of them are listed by Jonas in his excellent Metalist: RPGs for a specific number of players. The reason for creating another one is making sure that following conditions - which I consider important - are satisfied.
The list should include role-playing games (not gamebooks) that satisfy one of following conditions:
- explicitly list "two" as a number of players suitable for this game
- have a special chapter in the main rule book about playing the game with two players
- have an official supplement rule book - not an adventure/module - describing how the game should be tweaked to accommodate two players (in this case the RPG Item for this supplement must be added, and not the core book).
If neither of the above conditions is satisfied, the game should not be added. Even if it:
- plays very well with two
- can be tweaked to be playable with two
- some guy posted in his blog his house rules to play it with two
- has published adventures for one GM and one player
- has solo adventures that can be tweaked to be played with two
The main idea behind these conditions is to find games that were specifically designed with two players in mind or have official two-player add-on rules.
Providing this distinction is the only reason for this list. Otherwise, all the similar lists mentioned above are awesome and helpful.
Please, feel free to make additions to the list. Just make sure it remains within the above conditions.
- [+] Dice rolls