2019 Dice Tower Convention Virtual Flea Market
- Bob GalloUnited States
To All Sellers:
BGG Admin has requested and been provided with a list of all sold items. Per BGG and this VFM's ToS all sellers are required to pay 3% commission to BGG. This is not a donation, it is a fee and not optional. The original instructions were imprecise, the DTC ToS have been updated with the following:Quote:How to pay the BGG Market Place Commission (3%):
• Per BGG’s TOS, sellers are required to pay BGG 3% commission for the use of this list.
• After all item exchanges are completed create a BGG Market Place Sale Item using "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise” (it will still work if you have already used another dummy item name).
• Put "DTC 2019 VFM" in the item notes.
• Use the total price of all your completed sales.
• Send the link to me and I will “buy” your Market Place item
• After you have received your confirmation from my purchase, go back to the Geek Market menu, click on "Commissions" and then "Pay Commission". (your fee may take some time to post, check back in an hour if there's nothing listed)
• Advanced sellers may create individual market place items for each game sold rather than combining all sales into a single dummy transaction. This has the advantage of creating a more detailed history for the seller and supports better market statistics for each game, but takes more time for the seller.
• Please be aware BGG admin can, and probably will, request a list of all sellers within a few days of the con's end.
What is this list?
The Virtual Flea Market (or VFM) is a great way for DTC attendees to buy and sell games (and other items) in advance of the con with the transaction completed during our scheduled meetups (also known as exchanges). The VFM is not the same as the traditional Flea Market that also takes place during the con. This VFM is for DTC 2019 attendees only, no items will be shipped.
An alphabetical listing of available games is here: 2019 VFM Alpha List
If there is a game you are interested in buying but don’t see it listed, ask for it here: 2019 VFM Wish List
FAQ's, questions, comments, administration, and reporting violations of TOS should be done here: 2019 VFM Admin Thread
The 2019 VFM Admin Thread contains important information on how to buy, sell, and the Terms of Service (TOS). All participants are expected to be familiar with the first post in that thread.
• Communication is key. Let your customers know where you will be in advance. Exchanging phone numbers for text messaging is helpful. A sign with your BGG user name helps as well.
• If you're buying AND selling a large number of items it is helpful but not required to work in pairs with the seller stationary. Remember, if you are chasing your own purchases you're a moving target for your buyers.
• Come prepared with a buying and selling list. Having exact change inside envelopes with the amount, game, and seller's BBG name written on the outside will greatly speed up the process.
• A person's name on one of the lists above is not a guarantee they will be attending the exchange, please confirm all transactions. Many transactions will take place outside the official exchange.
• The zone assignments were done on the morning of June 24. Anyone not on the list should just find their location alphabetically by BGG user name.
• Anyone selling 50+ games that will not be attending one or both exchanges, please GeekMail me and I will take you off the list.
The 2019 VFM Meetup/Exchanges:
• Buy/Sell transactions are normally completed during our scheduled meetup times.
• By participating in the VFM it is assumed you will make yourself available for the entire duration of both exchanges. You may participate in the VFM as a buyer or seller even if you are unable (or unwilling) to make one or both of the exchanges, however, your availability must be clearly indicated in your item listing (as a seller) or your offer (as a buyer). Any deviation from the scheduled meetup times must be confirmed and agreed to by both parties. Proper communication with your exchange partners is critical. Failure to be present at the exchanges without prior confirmed notification with your transaction partner(s) is a violation of the TOS. Don't be that person everyone is looking for and no one can find.
• The 2019 VFM Meetup/Exchanges will take place:
o Thursday, July 4th, Boca V-VIII, 4:00-5:00 pm
o Saturday, July 6th, Caribbean V-VII, 4:00-5:00 pm
• Buyers are strongly advised to put exact change for each purchased game in a separate envelope. Write the game and seller info on the outside of the envelope.
• Sellers are strongly advised to have a sign with their BGG user name and real names. Placing Post-it notes with the buyer’s name and sell price on each game box is also helpful.
• If you are buying and/or selling more games than you can carry it is helpful to work as a team. One team member stays at a table with the game pile while the other actively searches the exchange room for their transaction partners.
• Thanks to the DTC crew for putting on a great con.
• Thanks to Shari Stidam for administering the first VFM's
• Thanks to Ben R for administering the VFM last year
• And thanks to the VFM participants that make this event one of the convention highlights
- [+] Dice rolls