From the back of the core book
ADVENTURE AMONG THE STARS!
Sleek starships, strange planets, unusual aliens, weird mental powers, blaster pistols, time travel - all these, and mre, are part of the amazing universe of Science Fiction. Star Hero discusses and describes the science fiction genre for gaming, and shows how to create characters, campaigns, starships, and other elements of science fiction using the HERO System rules. It includes:
- a complete review of the science fiction genre, from the grittiest Low SF and Military SF stories to the most extravagant Space Opera adventures, with guidelines and suggestions for simulating each part of the genre using the HERO System rules
- an extensive section on creating science fiction characters using the HERO System, including Package Deals for major character archetypes
- discussions about alien life and civilizations, planets, and stars incorporating both the latest real-world discoveries and the artistic license science fiction stories require, with random generation tables to help GMs create entire star sectors and worlds quickly and easily
- a detailed chapter on technology, with dozens of example weapons and devices, and including rules for establishing and altering technology levels for civilizations and campaigns
- expanded HERO System rules for creating and using starships, mecha, hovercraft, and space stations
- a review of esoteric subjects like psionics and time travel
- a comprehensive chapter on gamemastering science fiction games and more!
Whatever type of science fiction game you like to play, and however you like to play it, Star Hero helps you make it even better!