From the Publisher:
Originally published as "Golden Heroes", Squadron UK is the game that wouldn't die. Despite being written by two British authors, it is widely recognised as one of best comicbook role-playing games ever produced.
Out of print for over twenty years, it is now back by public demand. Re-written by one of the game's original creators - and retitled Squadron UK - the game is now available again, in print and across the Internet.
What makes Squadron UK so special?
- The most addictive character creation system ever. Superpowers are randomly rolled but the player has control over which ones - if any - are developed. Are you going to be versatile "Jack of All Trades" or specialise in one mega-powerful ability?
- Superpowers drawn directly and lovingly from the comics.
- A simple but effective combat system with all the options needed to simulate comicbook events. This is the game that introduced actual comicbook frames as the way of keeping track of action. A breathtakingly simple yet cunning initiative system truly simulates the cut and thrust of comicbook battles.
- An innovative ratings system which allows the Heroes actions in scenarios to directly effect the way they operate in the world at large.
- A thoroughly detailed - and much copied - character development system covering everything from improving your public relations skills to building complex scientific devices.
- More out and out FUN than any other role-playing game in the genre.
The game has seen a number of supplements and expansions produced as e-Books and for print-on-demand.