Corruption clones and remixes the original rules of the world's most popular fantasy RPG, as published by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson in 1974. The game focuses on challenge-based gameplay and support for step-by-step adventure and campaign-building. It also sets out options for rapidly shaping gameplay to offer gritty, heroic adventures - with a comic book 'dark' flavour. This involves facing difficult opponents in dangerous settings; but is not about violent or horror gameplay. As a result, Corruption is suitable for use by teenagers and young adults. (A spin-off game, Renegade, has been cleaned up for family play.)
The following list outlines some of the options and content included in Corruption - without treading on the toes of the original rules!
- Optional rules encourage gritty gameplay using heroic characters.
- Challenge-focused gameplay.
- Classic and challenge-based experience (XP) options.
- New tricks for older classes.
- New classes, monsters, spells and items, including a selection of monster classes.
- Support for rapid adventure and campaign-building.
- Guidelines on priming and sharing expectations during play.
- Details on adding a 'twist of evil' or comic book 'dark' to any game.
- A combination of print and tablet-friendly PDF layout.