Description from Larps from the Factory:
A Mother's Heart is a Kafkaesque drama about a court's questioning and prosecution of mothers about their sub-par parenting skills. This larp takes place in a courtroom setting with prosecutors, defendants and an unlimited number of people acting as witnesses. A participating audience - the peanut gallery - is also present, making the game a good introduction for non-larpers/spectators. This is a larp which questions our societal systems, social interactions and the consequences of expressing random judgments.
"You're all alone and nobody told you why you're even there. A table divides you. The only thing you know is that you're on the wrong side of it. Or if you're behind the table, safe and sound, then you know you're RIGHT.
Everyone has an opinion about what a good mother is. In this court everybody is entitled to an opinion, except for the mother."
- Genre: Absurd realism
- Duration: 3 hours
- Actual play time: 2 hours
- Number of participants (min-max): 15-unlimited. Organizers can participate as ordinary players.
- Number of organizers: 1-2
- Workload: Medium
- Possible locations: Black box, gallery, classroom, conference room
- Equipment: Tables, chairs, a podium or a stand for the Defendant
- Playing style: Realistic, but with plenty of improvisation
- Food and drink: Water