Description from Larps from the Factory:
In a world of more and more sound, silence is becoming more valuable. Before and After Silence is about limitations and listening, and about doing almost nothing. It is non-verbal and uses silence as its starting point. It is about shifting the point of view from "what is" to "what is not", about shifting the focus from "the sounds" to "the spaces between the sounds", from "the actions" to what is "between the actions", and to "what is not done". Rather than playing characters, we examine how we look at ourselves and how different filters can change how we see ourselves and others. We ask you to explore that silence, and to see if you can shape it. Seek to use silence as the point of origin for your actions, or as the thing that surrounds your actions. You should attempt to exercise restraint and to nothing until you have to let it go.
- Number of players: 5-12 (possible from 2-20)
- Number of organizers: 1 (2 if more than ten players)
- Time: 3-4 hours
- Genre: Internal space drama. Stylized realism.
- Organizer style: The organizer leads the exercises, serves as a contact during the game, and plays along with the others.
- Location: A quiet room large enough to move around in, but not so large that you get lost in it.
- Workload: Easy