Description from Larps from the Factory:
Two rooms, next door: the authorities and the activists. One wall divides them - One focus tears them apart: ideology. One group of participants play the police, the surveillance department and the paramilitary; the other group plays activists, communists and anarchists. BMX is an interactive drama about the extreme left of Swedish activists in the 1970s, the officers that monitor them, and the terrorists who try to recruit them.
Hopefully, this larp will reveal parallels between our time and our recent past:
- Where are the borders between "activist" and "extremist"? What draws people to cross that line?
- Where is the line between abuse of power and keeping control over the situation for police and authorities?
- Who is a terrorist, who is not? When is it terrorism?
- Players: 12 - 17
- Organizers: 2 - 4
- Time: 5 hours (short version) or 8 hours (long version)
- Genre: Political thriller
- Playing Style: 1970s realism
- Storyteller Style: Active; controls the story through the use of lighting.
- Workload: Heavy
- Location: A black box. Can be adapted for two conjoined apartments or a similar venue