From the Introduction:
Mad Dash for Cash is a game about a group of people who find out about an unclaimed cache of money and begin a mad scramble to find it. It seeks to emulate stories such as It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and its various clones. Characters will be allies with those that they travel with, but traveling companions may change throughout the game, so that your ally may become your rival. In contrast to many RPGs, this game could be considered to have winners and losers: the goal is to reach the treasure first and the group of characters that does so could be reasonably described as the winners. However, the point of the game is not to win, but to have fun telling a zany story. This is decidedly a silly game. It will play best if the players are also decidedly silly.
The rules are designed to allow play to begin immediately, as the rules are read for the first time.
To play this game, you will need:
- at least a few players, preferably four to six
- one shuffled deck of 52 standard playing cards
- some tokens that can be handed around, in two distinct colors; they are called luck tokens and victory points
- some pencils and index cards, for character creation
- some sort of figurines, or miniatures, or other tokens to represent characters.