Earth's society reached its peak thanks to the establishment of a network of Gates that connected all corners of the globe, creating a unified, global village that thrived on science, technology, and cultural exchange. When the Gates began to malfunction, no one could see the disaster just around the bend. Then the Gates split their terrestrial pairings and formed permanent Breaches in space-time, and alien beings, monsters, and environments poured through and became trapped on Earth's dimensional shores.
Now, untold centuries later, the Breaches persist and the world is still largely anarchy, but hope shines anew. After generations of toil, a secretive organization has discovered how to permanently close a Breach, and is prepared to start the long road of recovering the planet.
In this world, which avenues you choose to walk are entirely up to you.
- Side with the Resistance, which seeks to reclaim Earth for humankind.
- Join the Cooperative and seek for the power of knowledge buried in long-forgotten ruins.
- Stake a claim, build your kingdom, and rule as you see fit.
- Become an Epic and conjure, control, or destroy with nothing but the force of your will.
- Make your way in the world as a hired gun, explorer, or just a survivor. Fight off raiders and bushwhackers or become one.
- Seek your fortune in lost hoards of pre-Fall technology.
- Play as a human or as a race from beyond a Breach.
- Do anything, and be anyone, as long as it's fun.
Breachworld runs on Mini Six by Antipaladin Games, a variation on the Open D6 ruleset made available to publishers by OGL. The rules incorporate familiar D6 mechanics that we all remember from various West End Games products, but a bit streamlined. Roll against situational difficulties set by the Game Master and root for that exploding "wild die" to come up a 6 time and time again! With one core mechanic, play is fast and intuitive, and easy to learn.