Science Fiction Roleplaying on Occupied Earth.
Shortly after Mars was colonized in 2030, a comet was discovered to be on a collision course with Earth. Several hundred seeding ships were launched in the hope of keeping the human race alive.
An alien vessel arrived just in time to save Earth, but an intense electromagnetic debris field was created as a byproduct. Space travel was now too dangerous to attempt and communication between Earth and Mars was lost.
Several years later, Earth refugees arrived on Mars with a fantastic story of alien invasion and a search began for the lost seeding ships.
It is the year 2099 and the Martians are planning to take back Earth with the help of The Colonies.
- Biotech (genetic engineering, gene tampering, and tissue growth)
- Nanotech (microscopic machines which operate within man and machine)
- Implants (bio-mechanical replacement parts)
- Autonomies (intelligent computer programs which operate independently)
- Exotech (heavily armored and self-powered suits)
- Research & Development (Create and design biotech, nanotech, implants, autonomies, exotech, guns, and more)
Includes: Bookmarks, hyperlinks, index, rich character backgrounds, extensive list of weapons and technologies, and useful charts and tables.
The Colonies features a simple yet comprehensive set of game mechanics which uses 2 (or more) 6-sided dice. A character's ability and skill, along with varying degrees of difficulty (ranging from simple to impossible), bonus dice (keep the 2 lowest dice), and penalty dice (keep the 2 highest dice), affect the outcome of a task. These mechanics are very flexible and also reduce the need to roll dice in many situations.