Deathstalkers II is the third edition of the Deathstalkers RPG, despite the II in the title.
The world is a broken and ruined place.
The great kings of men have fallen and their kingdoms wiped from the face of the planet. The races of the world are divided and leaderless; the heroes of yore are but a whispered memory. The Juggernauts--the great foes and destroyers of kings--once thought gone from these lands, have arisen once again. Here, in the lands of Arkastapha, where they once sought to destroy kingdoms, they now seek to obliterate the last races of the world.
But another threat rises against man as well. The Demons, once content in the frozen arctic wastes, have become restless and weary of man. Too long have they suffered the frigid north, and now they seek to rise up and take the world for their own. Fearsome and terrible fiends are they, and all who gaze upon them tremble and despair.
And one by one, as war tears apart the cities of Man, the races break their allegiances of old and leave their ancient comrades to whatever end. The thunderous footfalls of the Juggernauts now echo the final tidings of doom, and the cities burned by the Demons are but beacons of death and failure.
But ever is there hope. In time there may arise new heroes, like those of legend, who would dare tread the roads now cloaked in shadow. Some may seek treasures long forgotten; others may seek out fame. Still others may reach for a higher goal and seek a means to unite the races once again or raise an army mighty enough to face the Juggernauts. All this here, in the lands of Arkastapha, where only the brave dare tread.
- Over 21 Playable Races, including Centaur, Dwarf, Elf, Kelpie, Kobold, Orc, Half-Dead, Half-Wolf and many more! All of the races are fully detailed and many have special twists which give Players a unique and exciting role-play experience. As an Elf, you will have to overcome the effects of the Kala'Hur in battle; as a Kobold you'll have to master your shifting blood.
- 19 Playable Character Classes, including Adventurer, Archer, Assassin, Elemental Warrior, Witch Hunter, Obsidian Guardsman, Wizard and more! Each class is fully detailed and brought to life and allow characters to progress in powers and ability over time.
- Power up your character with 170 different Skills! Some skills will give your character an added advantage when they are leveled-up. For example, increase your ability in Monsterlore and choose monsters to become your Favored Foes. Level-up the skill of Sing and learn the Songs of the Gifted which can be used to smite, demoralize, or dismay your foes!
- Obtain Feats for your characters! Deathstalkers II has more than 150 Feats to choose from, including Aggressive Assault Attacks, Mystic Assault Attacks, Fate, and more!
- For Magic Users, choose from a list of over 500 Spells!
- A full Monster Encyclopedia with more than 70 different monsters gives GMs dozens of unique and terrifying foes to thwart his Players with!
- A comprehensive Buyers Guide includes prices for hundreds and hundreds of items and weapons!
- A fully expanded World Guide brings the dark realms of Deathstalkers II to life!
- Complete rules for character creation, combat, insanity, fame and much more! Deathstalkers II is a fully contained RPG! No other books are needed to play!