From publisher blurb:
Magonomia is an original fantasy roleplaying game with magic based on authentic sixteenth century folklore.
Your character is a wizard: one of the rare few who can cast truly wondrous spells such as turning invisible or walking on water. Together, the wizards explore mysteries in a world of faeries and ghosts, curses, prophecies, and ancient mystical secrets.
What destiny do your stars foretell?
What's new about Magonomia?
- Everyone plays a wizard! There are five different, distinctive styles of magic to choose from.
- Its unique magic system is based on authentic European folklore.
- The world of Enchanted England is a blend of history and myth: richer, grander, and more surprising than any purely fictional game setting.
- Innovative divination rules mean magic can always help advance the plot, but never spoils the mystery.
Your wizard will wield one of the noble Sciences of magic:
- Alchemy, the magic of physical and spiritual transformation
- Astrology, harnessing the power of the stars to create physical change on earth, as well as forecasting (not foretelling) the destiny of people and nations
- Sorcery, binding spirits into unwilling service
- Theurgy, invoking spirits through holy names
- Witchcraft, the magic of the common folk, with roots in ancient practice
The Enchanted England setting combines the adventure and intrigue of Renaissance England with fantastic elements from the legends, folk tales, and literature of the period: the witches of MacBeth; the faeries of A Midsummer Night's Dream; curses, prophecies, and invisible spirits. Enchanted England is a world of wonders and perils, ripe for adventure!