"Who said Dungeoneering had to be dreary?"
Based on the Starport Scum scifi rules, Dungeon Scum is a narrative wargame intended to be played by role players and war gamers alike.
Gather your group of adventurers, set out on a dungeon delve and hope you make it back!
Get loot, see the sights, maybe go on an epic quest.
Dungeon Scum sets itself apart in a few ways:
- The combat rules are fast, simple and easy to remember, allowing you to fight multiple encounters in one gaming session.
- Unlike many RPG's, it includes a morale system for more realistic combats.
- It can be played solo, with encounter tables and monster lists for a fully random delve.
- It can be turned into a full-fledged role playing game.
- Characters can generated randomly in a few rolls or simply described with a couple of common-sense sentences.
Your hero is a SWORDFIGHTER with QUICK REFLEXES and a VOW OF SILENCE? Good, that's all we needed to know.
- Loot is well supplied with tons of magical items to find.
- 6 types of magic with 10 spells in each system, plus "quest" spells used in campaign play.
- Campaign rules for letting your heroes become stronger..if they don't die.
- While the game is intended to use miniature figures, advice is provided to players who prefer playing without them.
And a lot more.