At a time in history when women are striving to be seen as equals, it is crucial that we recognize the flaws in our oral traditions and strive to improve how women are portrayed. Virgins & Vixens gives players the opportunity to reshape the women in folklore and create new ideas about how women can behave... maybe saving the day in the process!
Virgins & Vixens Game Information:
- Stand alone: You don't need any other game books to play!
- All ages: Young children may need help with some of the vocabulary
- Designed for Narrator (GM) & 1-4 players but up to 8 can play
- Narrative game design encourages creativity and role-play
- Short 10 page booklet has a Narrator's Guide, works with text-to-speech, and is searchable on digital devices
- 8 custom Storybooks (character sheets) included
Players start out as one of 8 classic women archetypes found in folklore, fairy tales and mythology around the world. These archetypes have severe limitations - just like the one-dimensional tropes of women found in these types of stories! Through game-play mechanics like Defiance Rolls and collecting Empowerments, the players break out of these constraints and rewrite the tale of their character!