Writes for and operates neuronphaser.com.
Tim Bannock has been an avid roleplaying game player, gamemaster, and occasional writer/editor for some 30-odd years. While always returning to Dungeons & Dragons (in whatever edition best works for the campaign!), Tim has played nearly every one of the majors and plenty of smaller press and truly indie works. Cortex Plus, Fate, Paranoia, World of Darkness (new and old), and Savage Worlds remain particular favorites, but Tim has also experienced Palladium, BRP/Call of Cthulhu, The One Ring, GURPS, Star Wars (in all of its incarnations), REIGN, Apocalypse World (and several off-shoots), and so many more!
Stressing how easy and fun it is to pick up and play or run a roleplaying game, Tim spends an inordinate amount of his time frequenting messageboards (RPGnet and ENWorld being his favorites) and Google+ Communities, dispensing advice (mechanics, story, or the social contracts among gamers sharing a table), helping find the best systems for a given campaign idea, and generally just promoting how exciting and arresting tabletop gaming can be.
Some of Tim's credits within the gaming (and related) industries:
- Writer/designer: Head Shot! (DriveThruRPG)
- Writer/designer: Hexcrawling: Wilderness Exploration & Random Encounters (DMsGuild)
- Writer/designer: Calendar of Harptos (DMsGuild)
- Writer/designer: Curse of Strahd DM's Kit and Screen (DMsGuild)
- Contributing editor for Birch and Raven Games (Rising of the Storm)
- Copy editor/proofreader for several fantasy novels and short stories, and children's books (including Reckoning by Patrick Siana)
- Tabletop roleplaying game reviewer at neuronphaser.com