From publisher blurb:
Knowledge Arcana is re-released with a new layout and a new lease on life. In the premiere re-release Issue Knowledge Arcana introduces you to the world of Ayric. The introductory story takes place in the small country of Domer'el, a recently settled area with it's birth marred with battle.
During the days of settlement a terrible three headed dragon, outcast from her own land and settled in the northern rocky hills, became interested in the powers of the wizards below. The dragon attempted to enslave these people by casting sleep on one or two of her heads and entering the dreams of the settlers.
Knowledge Arcana Issue #0 is jam packed with gaming goodness. The introductory adventure path, Veil of Deceit, tells the tale of the dragon as she begins her escape from the prison she has been placed in. Inside this adventure path are two adventures, one for players who wish to side with Jonethan, the founder of Domer'el and one for players who wish to side with Wa'an Apla Teski, the dragon now deemed demi-god.
The new Living Knowledge Arcana role play style allows for competitive play. Both sides of the story take part at the same time allowing two groups to interact on the same timeline but with different goals. Modular Components allow Game Masters to expand their game play by filling in the missing parts or with upcoming releases.
In this Issue we:
- Tear apart the small thorp of Noulph and all of it's inhabitants.
- Introduce the Plane of Dreams, a plane of existence that neighbors both the Astral and Prime Material Plane and is twisted and shaped by all that live.
- Introduce Wa'an Apla Teski, her prison and how she manages to 'touch' the Prime Material Plane and the Dream Plane from within.
- Offer the Battle Mage and The Feal classes
- Play through Chapter 1 of the 'Veil of Deceit' adventure path.