Get Ready for the End Times!
All it'll take is a computer glitch in a lead-lined silo, and the apocalypse could be upon us! This month's Pyramid - the PDF magazine for roleplayers - looks at what comes next, with post-apocalyptic goodies that will be invaluable to gamers using GURPS Action, GURPS Zombies, or the forthcoming GURPS After the End. The end times begin in style with the following lore:
- "The Redeemers," a powerful gang that can be friend or foe, from Assistant GURPS Line Editor Jason "PK" Levine. Discover their code of conduct and tenets, along with GURPS stats for various members. This feature also provides maps from Matt Riggsby, scribe and cartographer for GURPS Locations: Hellsgate, plus a player's handout to set the mood.
- "Post-Apocalyptic Guns," a GURPS guide to the weapons of the wastelands from GURPS Gun Fu co-authors S.A. Fisher and Hans-Christian Vortisch. Brandish an heirloom weapon with pride, reload using salvaged goods, or even invent new guns!
- "Warlords of the Apocalypse," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Mass Combat author David L. Pulver. Learn how to use Mass Combat to tackle some big battles amid a war-torn tomorrow - and pit the two included post-apocalyptic armies against each other . . . or the heroes!
- "Better Improvised Weapons," a short-and-sweet look at wielding anything you can grab, by GURPS Martial Arts co-author Peter V. Dell'Orto. Use the rules, options, and perks to get the edge you need in life-or-death situations.
- "Nuclear Legacy," a reflection on radioactive woes that may be lurking amid the ashes. GURPS Reign of Steel: Will to Live author Roger Burton West offers a systemless look at nuclear waste, ancient bombs, decontamination, and more.
This issue also includes a high-speed vignette from Matt Riggsby set in the new Car Wars universe, a Random Thought Table that looks at how to keep the apocalypse under control, and other goodies you'll enjoy like there's no tomorrow. The end times may be almost here, but - with this issue - the fun is just beginning!
- Publisher's description