Magic Like Lightning, So Shocking and Dangerous
Where wizards duel and a dark tome hides, where metal spells and foul brews reside, where spirits lurk in machines to awake, let this Pyramid help your magic to make! The latest installment of Pyramid - the PDF magazine for roleplayers - is another assortment of arcane-expanding miscellany, perfect to add all manner of new excitement to your GURPS game. Within the uncanny pages of Pyramid #3/91: Thaumatology IV, you shall discover:
- "Technomysticism," a new magical field that might be found in the world of GURPS Monster Hunters. This feature showcases a new champion - the technomystic - plus details on technologically oriented abilities (including Machine Whisperer, Repairing Touch, Machine-Jinx), GURPS stats on several tech spirits, and more. It also includes information on how to work with the netrunning abilities from Pyramid #3/21: Cyberpunk.
- "The Tome of the Black Island," a horrifying book with the power to sacrifice others, force obedience, summon terrible gods, and more. This systemless guide includes a history of the tome and its creation, its dark scribed powers, and adventure ideas.
- "Dark Alchemy," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Banestorm: Abydos author David L. Pulver. The sinister potions herein will allow you to create zombies, repel ghosts, preserve heads, and demonstrate other unsavory abilities.
- "The Thaumaturgy of Metallurgy," a look at how to make a Metal college of spells, using the GURPS Magic foundation. Unleash the power of dozens of new Magic spells - including Blunderbuss, Rust, and Walk Through Metal - or just summon a variety of metal elementals (including GURPS stats).
- "Codex Duello," a guide to how to conduct and resolve duels among mages, from master Pyramid penman Christopher R. Rice. Resolve disputes or simply fight to the death, whether you're using GURPS Magic, GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic, GURPS Thaumatology: Sorcery, or even GURPS Psionic Powers!
This issue also provides a Random Thought Table with a new kind of magic that turns fame on its head, plus another vignette from Matt Riggsby set in the new Car Wars universe that peeks into the garages of the future. Regardless of what flavor of magic you use in your GURPS game, this Pyramid is sure to provide some amazing new sorcerous spice!
- Publisher's description