From publisher blurb:
The original magazine of all things Cypher System presents: Festival Season
All over the world and throughout all of human history, people have celebrated the passing of the seasons with ritual and ceremony. Festivals and faires provided an opportunity for people to gather together in these times of remembrance and passing. And sometimes they created a magic all their own. In this issue we present a variety of festive practices suitable for inclusion in any of the many game worlds created by Monte Cook Games.
The tenth issue of the CypherCaster Magazine includes:
- Syzygy ghouls, Aeon priests, and a sinister annual celebration come to us via John Neary's "Festival of the Syzygy Compromise".
- Join the scurrilous pirates of the Red Fleet for the holiday known as "Stellar Sounding", a scurvy Numenera setting by Megan Tolentino.
- From Hans Chun comes the Predation holiday that celebrates the breaking of time travel itself, "The Last Commute".
- Ever desire to play a character with a nearly uncontrollable Dark Side? Experience the terror of the monster within with "Dark Cyphers", a Cypher System Rules modification set where the heroes are themselves monsters.
- Enjoy Victorian super heroic pulp adventure at it's finest with the Christopher Negelein's "League of Xceptional Ladies part 1: Bake Sale!" the first of a 3 part pulp adventure campaign for the Cypher System Rules.
- Andrew Montgomery brings us the first of three installments of his new campaign setting "Emberheart: Survivors in a Dying World", a world where the deceased and decaying body of The Creator Himself is the land inhabited by the players.
- From Aser Tolentino comes the "Wandering Carnival", an adventure setting for players of The Strange.
- We sit down with Lee Pruitt of Ravendesk Games to take a look at their new game VURT the RPG, a hallucinatory cyberpunk setting in this issue's Product Preview .
Our cover shows the carnival fortune teller who claimed she could reveal your future for but a piece of silver. What terrors and delights await you beyond a turn of the cards? Cover art by Rustin Coones.