From the publisher:
Mind Your Mana!
Can you ever have enough magic in your life? "No!" says Pyramid, the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- and we mean it, as shown by this month's issue, entitled "Thaumatology II." Scrying this secret scroll reveals:
- "It's Pure Chemistry!" -- an expansion of the alchemy rules from GURPS Magic. This article includes 10 new elixirs, three new techniques, and a new spell for those who make magical mixtures. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy delvers will love the options for expanding elixir effects.
- "Yellow Goblin Magic," a new arcane school (using the rules from GURPS Thaumatology: Magical Styles) that emphasizes secrets, subtlety, and sometimes a well-placed Sunburst. This style (developed for GURPS Banestorm but usable in most fantasy settings) includes nine secret spells and more mysteries outsiders weren't meant to learn!
- "Ceremonial Magic Made Easy," providing rules and guidelines that allow adventuring or otherwise solitaire GURPS spellcasters to work wonders. These rules are also perfect for fast-paced fantasy, including Dungeon Fantasy.
- "The Promethians: A Meta-Magical Conspiracy," an occult organization that can be friend or foe for any world with sorcerous secrets worth spilling. While this article provides some GURPS tie-ins, it's generic enough to drop into any game world.
- "Ten Ways to Destroy the World With Magic," a systemless discussion of some magical mishaps that can threaten to annihilate (or alter) everything. Each idea includes a before, during, and after -- so the heroes can either get clues to avoid the apocalypse or learn the results of failure!
This Pyramid also includes Murphy's Rules with Greg Hyland, Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, and other odds and ends (including two new really "meta" magical spells). Put the magic spark back in your gaming with this issue!