From publisher blurb:
The howling wind claws at Jacob's back as he enters the warm lobby. A fountain bubbles merrily in the Lynette Group's ground floor entry, counterpointing the stinging ice outdoors. A pair of grubby "security guards" sitting at the receptionist's desk eye him with hunger as he crosses the lobby. If they knew how many heads he'd busted on the trail leading to this building...well, it was best that they didn't know. It would also have been best if they didn't know about the shotgun hanging from a strap under his heavy coat, but those metal-detection wands probably weren't for show. It was time for Plan B.
Where do you go from here? To the battle map, of course! If you need a map of a modern structure, you need Modern Floorplans. The Modern Floorplans series from Fabled Environments and 12 to Midnight offers gamers high quality maps in a variety of configurations:
- Want to draw it out yourself? Use the 8.5×11 map as a guide.
- Want to simply drop the map on the table and play? Use either the 24×36 full map (if you have access to a plotter printer) or print the tiled version on regular paper and assemble a full-size version yourself in a matter of minutes. Both versions are scaled at 1 inch equals 5 feet.
- In addition, each floorplan also comes in versions without room labels and without furniture.
Note: All floorplans are rendered in black and white.
All maps are created by an architectural drafter using AutoCAD. This gives all of the maps the realistic feel that your players crave.
Average High-Rise Building
The Lynette Group - The three floorplans of this high-rise office building combine to create a versatile structure. All three of these plans can be used in concert to create a single structure.
- Entry level. This plan offers an entrance level reminiscent of many high-rise structures that dot the skyline of a medium or large city. This floorplan includes a lobby with fountain, security office, and small convenience store (or newsstand) where employees and visitors can purchase snacks and other items to help them get through their busy day. Visitors access other levels of the building by the stairs on the rear wall or by using a bank of 4 elevators. The entrance to this building sports two revolving doors and conventional glass doors on either side of the revolving doors.
- Office Space. This floorplan is a standard office layout with cubicles, private offices and a large conference room. This floorplan can be repeated to create a building with as many levels as you would like, allowing you to create a small office building or a huge skyscraper.
- Arthur’s Restaurant. This level is designed as an upscale dining establishment/martini bar. Typically this would be placed on the penthouse level, but could just as easily be placed on a different floor. The restaurant features an open kitchen divided from the bar area by a large plexiglass divider that allows the guests to watch the chefs prepare wonderful dishes.
The maps in this title can also be found in Modern Floorplans Volume 1: Office Spaces.