From publisher blurb:
Darkness hangs heavy over the city, dulling the neighborhood’s bleak signs of decay. It has been two days since that first, frantic phone call, and all the clues lead to the warehouse on Bleaker Street. "Innout Import/Export," Jacob reads softly to himself as he draws his Berretta. After taking a deep breath, he kicks the front door and is rewarded with a splintering crash. Stepping into the darkness, he announces, "I’m delivering Hell!"
Where do you go from here? To the battle map, of course! If you need a map of a modern structure, you need Modern Floorplans
. The Modern Floorplans
series from Fabled Environments and 12 to Midnight offers gamers high quality maps in a variety of configurations:
- Want to draw it out yourself? Use the 8.5×11 map as a guide.
- Want to simply drop the map on the table and play? Use either the 24×36 full map (if you have access to a plotter printer) or print the tiled version on regular paper and assemble a full-size version yourself in a matter of minutes. Both versions are scaled at 1 inch equals 5 feet.
- In addition, each floorplan also comes in versions without room labels and without furniture.
Note: All floorplans are rendered in black and white.
Volume 1: Office Spaces features three different office environments: a high rise office building (including floorplans for three floors), a single-story office building, and a two-story warehouse. All maps are created by an architectural drafter using AutoCAD. This gives all of the maps the realistic feel that your players crave.
Modern Floorplans: Strip Mall Building
Modern Floorplans: High-Rise Building
The Lynette Group - The three floorplans of this high-rise office building combine to create a versatile structure. All three of these plans can be used in concert to create a single structure.
KLG Limited - This structure was originally designed as a large upscale interior design office. However, the versatility of this floorplan lends itself to a variety of uses. Ideally, this structure would house a small to medium size company in a large strip mall, industrial park/office park, or serve as an independent structure. This building could hold a variety of professional businesses, such as an IT company, financial consulting firm, or law office. This building could also serve as the financial aid or other administrative offices for a college or university.
Modern Floorplans: Two-Story Warehouse
Innout Import/Export, Inc.
- Entry level. This plan offers an entrance level reminiscent of many high-rise structures that dot the skyline of a medium or large city. This floorplan includes a lobby with fountain, security office, and small convenience store (or newsstand) where employees and visitors can purchase snacks and other items to help them get through their busy day. Visitors access other levels of the building by the stairs on the rear wall or by using a bank of 4 elevators. The entrance to this building sports two revolving doors and conventional glass doors on either side of the revolving doors.
- Office Space. This floorplan is a standard office layout with cubicles, private offices and a large conference room. This floorplan can be repeated to create a building with as many levels as you would like, allowing you to create a small office building or a huge skyscraper.
- Arthur’s Restaurant. This level is designed as an upscale dining establishment/martini bar. Typically this would be placed on the penthouse level, but could just as easily be placed on a different floor. The restaurant features an open kitchen divided from the bar area by a large plexiglass divider that allows the guests to watch the chefs prepare wonderful dishes.
This is a small warehouse easily applicable for any type of business needing a large storage area, such as a moving company or a distribution center. Its two levels contain a ground floor with ample storage space and a second level with offices overlooking the ground floor.
- Ground Level. This 3700+ square foot ground floor serves as the main storage area and has three loading docks at the front of the building. Two staircases provide access to the building’s top floor.
- Second Floor. This floor holds the building’s administrative offices. Although there are two executive offices on this floor, the smaller room could serve as an office for the manager’s secretary. This floor also includes a conference room, break room, and file room.